Newbie with Vision OTS suite questions

My wife and I are in our 60's and have been cruising Norwegian suites and haven for the last several years. We cruise to enjoy and mostly veg out. We decided to try RCI to see how their suite program is. We are booked on the Vision OTS out of Galveston in January in a Grand Suite.

1. Is there a designated suite venue for breakfast and lunch? If so, where?

2. What hours is the concierge lounge open?

3. How do you contact the concierge and what are his hours?

4. How does dining in the specialty restaurants work?

5. Is it advisable to make specialty dining reservations on line before sailing or can the butler or concierge make them for you at a desirable time on board?

6. Is it hard to get reservations?

7. Can the concierge or butler make your "My Time" reservations for you?

8. Can you order room service off the main dining room menu, specialty dining menu, or only the enhanced room service menu>?

9. Are room service meals served by general wait staff or by a butler?

10. Is there any extra charge for meals served in your suite?

11. What venues for lunch (VOS) are open on shore days? Sea days?

12. Does the "Chef's table" have more than one menu on a week cruise?

13. Do the Specialty restaurants change menus during the cruise?

14. Are there reserved chairs and a designated suite area by the pool?

15. Is there reserved seating at the evening shows for suite guests every night or only on formal nights?

16. Anything else we should know about suite benefits?

17. If you have sailed both on Norwegian haven and grand suite on RCI, any general comparisons?

RCI has no "butler"...the concierge is as fancy as it gets. RCI has some nice suite perks, but NOTHING like NCL's Haven gets you! Vision is a much smaller ship, too...

You don't really need show reservations for this ship....everything is scheduled around the 2 traditional seating times. If you have MTD, they simply go at a time to accommodate whichever show you want to see.

Your only 'monetary" perk is the cocktail hours in the Concierge lounge...from 5:30 or so until 8 or so....you can get beer, wine and basic drinks in there. You may get 3 drinks loaded onto your seapass, to use at outside bars during those hours, so you aren't stuck in the lounge. The available drinks you can order would be along the lines of what's available IN the lounge. You can't use 'free drinks" in the dining room, although you can order at a bar and take it into the dining room with you.

• 4 months later...
Do they reserve chairs at the pool on Vision for suite guests? I thought I read somewhere they didn't but can't find it now. That's one of the reasons we booked a suite. Thanks!

There was no reserved suite section at the pool on our cruise on Vision this past January.

Breakfast for Suite guests is in Giovanni's Table.

Concierge Lounge is open 24/7. Concierge is available 8:00-11:00 and 4:30-8:00. If you are a C&A Diamond member or above you will have 3 drink vouchers on your Seapass card each day that can be used at bars and lounges around the ship.

There is a reserved section in the theater for Gold Card holders.

Sent from my iPad using Forums