Running track and other spaces on the Spirit

pk_crusing

HI,

We have just booked on the spirit for a med cruise next May. I know there is a jogging track ( i will be walking not jogging) A couple of things I am wanting to know, how long is the track and how many circuits to the mile? Also on the other ships i have been on there other options on other decks that where longer, what are other outside options on the Spirit?

Thanks for you help everyone :)

I ran it a few times on our cruise last year. It is 275 meters which puts a mile a little under 6 laps. It is fairly decent sized but goes through some public areas(bar with tables in the aft). If you are just walking it is no big deal but I had to be out there pretty early to run without much traffic.

Edited by fsupharm77

I ran it a few times on our cruise last year. It is 275 meters which puts a mile a little under 6 laps. It is fairly decent sized but goes through some public areas(bar with tables in the aft). If you are just walking it is no big deal but I had to be out there pretty early to run without much traffic.

Thanks for that

:)

If you are planning on walking it then use the promenade deck on deck 7 instead.

When I was last on the Spirit it was just before I was doing a sponsored walk so I needed to do quite a few laps and it was fine. A little slow around the front if you get stuck behind someone but most of it is quite wide.

It's obviously longer as well. From memory, 10 miles was thirty something laps, so just over 3 laps per mile.

If you are planning on walking it then use the promenade deck on deck 7 instead.

When I was last on the Spirit it was just before I was doing a sponsored walk so I needed to do quite a few laps and it was fine. A little slow around the front if you get stuck behind someone but most of it is quite wide.

It's obviously longer as well. From memory, 10 miles was thirty something laps, so just over 3 laps per mile.

Thanks Keith, this was the exact answer i hoping for :)

Given that you will be walking you should be fine. On the Spirit now. My son found it frustrating to run up on the jogging track and got busted for running on the promenade deck :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums