Corfu Boat Trip from Port?

Juvesgirl

We will be in Corfu on MSC Musica 12:30-6:30pm. I originally wanted to spend the day at Paleokastritsa on the beach and taking a grotto boat tour, but I can't bring myself to pay 100+ Euros for a r/t taxi (and I am not interested in an island tour). I looked into the green bus, but I don't think the times work (earliest bus after we arrive is 2:15pm, first bus to depart is 5pm, which I think is cutting it too close).

Since this doesn't seem to be an option, I thought instead we might do a boat trip for the day. I can't afford a private boat hire, so I am looking for a shared boat excursion (not through the ship, preferably for 20/30 people or less). All of the boat excursions I am finding leave at 10am.

Does anyone happen to know of any companies that offer boat excursions from the cruise ship port in the afternoon?

Or does anyone know of another option to Paleokastritsa besides private taxi or bus?

Thanks so much.

We used Nautilus for a private boat tour in 2014. It was fabulous. We got a group together from our board check in. About 15 of us went out on a covered speed boat/yacht. He stopped three different private places where some of us swam & some jumped off small cliff. The last place he cooked us a wonderful Greek meal right off the back of the boat! I believe they will customize your experience. He met us and dropped us off real close to the ship. Cost was 60 or 70 E each, which included the Greek seafood meal. We were gone from 830 to 230. Don't know if they do afternoon tour. It was one of our favorite tours!

We used Nautilus for a private boat tour in 2014. It was fabulous. We got a group together from our board check in. About 15 of us went out on a covered speed boat/yacht. He stopped three different private places where some of us swam & some jumped off small cliff. The last place he cooked us a wonderful Greek meal right off the back of the boat! I believe they will customize your experience. He met us and dropped us off real close to the ship. Cost was 60 or 70 E each, which included the Greek seafood meal. We were gone from 830 to 230. Don't know if they do afternoon tour. It was one of our favorite tours!

I am dying to book an excursion with Nautilis but unfortunately it is way too expensive for us. We are only two people and we are traveling on an MSC cruise ship, which caters to Europeans, so as Americans we know absolutely no one on the ship. Our roll call only has one other Canadian family and they haven't responded to my post! So I know we will be there to gather enough people to make this an affordable option.

Thanks for the great suggestion, though!

We also used them two weeks ago and it was the highlight of the trip. We were able to find people through the roll call to make it affordable. Is it worth seeing if any other ships are in port that day and post on their roll call?

We did see other boats that looked like they were taking day passengers and not a private excursion. I didn't pick up on any names. Maybe you can find something through TripAdvisor.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We also used them two weeks ago and it was the highlight of the trip. We were able to find people through the roll call to make it affordable. Is it worth seeing if any other ships are in port that day and post on their roll call?

We did see other boats that looked like they were taking day passengers and not a private excursion. I didn't pick up on any names. Maybe you can find something through TripAdvisor.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Great idea to look to see if any other ships will be in port that day - that will be my next effort! Thanks for the suggestion.