Babysitting service on celebrity

mkschles

Anyone used a babysitter on celebrity? Our youngest will be 2 on our upcoming cruise to Alaska (Infinity) so she's too young to use the kids club. I know you can have two sitters come to your stateroom. I don't love the idea but I would also really like a meal alone with my husband. Did you feel ok about it?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We used it twice on the Infinity! Loved it they came to the room with toys, games and things that were age appropriate for our kiddo. She was 18 months at the time. She had so much fun and they said she fell right to sleep without any issues both times. The girls were the same both times we used them so our daughter was familiar with them. She is 3 now and I would still use them so she can go to bed on her time instead of waiting up for us... I can answer any other questions you have about this!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

First - I would make sure that you check into this as soon as you are onboard. Second - I would not have my heart set on it knowing that it may or may not be available.

Last cruise we were on there was a very UNHAPPY family with two little ones along. They were led to believe that babysitting was a given and were not prepared for the fact that their expectations could not be met.

An officer explained to us that it takes two crew members to provide the sitting service and that with with cut backs each crew member is working their maximum allowed hours per day. Babysitting has to be counted in those hours - so to provide sitters they have to take the crew members off of their normal scheduled duties.

In order to help the family I mentioned, Celebrity did finally make the needed adjustments to provide sitters for 1 night - on a 15 night cruise. :eek:

• 4 weeks later...