Galveston, good place to stay & park?

JPAJ

Tremont House offers free parking and shuttle service to the peer for before or after cruise stays.

Doesn't Tremont use Galvez's parking garage? I wanted to stay there, but I was told that I would have to drive to Galvez in the morning to put my car in the garage there and use their shuttle. Didn't seem worth the hassle so I just booked Galvez.

Hi, was wondering where a good place to stay the night before and a safe place to park while on cruise?
Hola,

We used Holiday Inn on the Beach last year and are booked again for Feb. They are close to everything, (Walmart) and have free parking and shuttle service to and from the cruise terminal. I have also heard good things about the Harbor House, but we are happy with HI on the B.:p

Doesn't Tremont use Galvez's parking garage? I wanted to stay there, but I was told that I would have to drive to Galvez in the morning to put my car in the garage there and use their shuttle. Didn't seem worth the hassle so I just booked Galvez.

I don't know, nor do I care for our trip. We are flying in the day before, renting a car and leaving it with the rental place the day we cruise. I was told that we could park the rental on-site the night before and drop it off at the rental agency while the hotel shuttle takes my family to the pier where I will meet them via taxi. We would stay at the Tremont anyway because we'd rather stay on the Strand and the Tremont is much nicer.

I don't know, nor do I care for our trip. We are flying in the day before, renting a car and leaving it with the rental place the day we cruise. I was told that we could park the rental on-site the night before and drop it off at the rental agency while the hotel shuttle takes my family to the pier where I will meet them via taxi. We would stay at the Tremont anyway because we'd rather stay on the Strand and the Tremont is much nicer.

Well that settles that, then!

Hola,

We used Holiday Inn on the Beach last year and are booked again for Feb. They are close to everything, (Walmart) and have free parking and shuttle service to and from the cruise terminal. I have also heard good things about the Harbor House, but we are happy with HI on the B.:p

Do you remember if the parking is secure there? We're staying there in a couple of weeks and leaving the car which is only 3 weeks old. I hate the thought of leaving it.

Holiday Inn is next door to the San Luis on the Seawall. I have heard of cars being broken into there, when people left things out, but never stolen.

Probably the Tremont, Galvez, Harborhouse, or Moody Gardens Hotels might be a little more secure, or the Victorian Condos is security fenced as well.

Harborhouse is next to the terminals, in a pretty secure port area.

Regrettably, Galveston is an old port city with a lot of people not working.

Galvez's parking (and probably Tremont's...assuming they do actually use Galvez's parking) is in a multi-level garage. It's accessible only to those who have the code. They will give it to you if you don't want to valet park. I don't know how *secure* it is, but it's better than an open lot...

Archived