Question regarding Cheers

Absolutheada

Someone mentioned in another Carnival group that they were told on board that they didn't have to buy a Cheers packages for both adults in a room. That being said she did say her and her husband were in 2 separate rooms so I think they were confused by that on board. But she swears they told her even if they were both in the same room they would only have to buy one. I barely drink so it's pointless for my husband and I to both get it, but he would certainly benefit from it. I'm prepared to just pay per drink at this point but if there is an option to just get him the package I would like to. Hopefully this post isn't too confusing :)

Your friend is mistaken, this copied from carnival :

Each adult assigned to the same stateroom must purchase the program.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

yes I saw that on their site and mentioned it but she is arguing. I figured there was not a loop hole especially for this package!

I'm taking advantage of Cheers with the two room option. My son and I are assigned to one cabin, my wife and two daughters are in the adjoining cabin. When I ordered Cheers for my cabin, I was charged for only one person.

I'm taking advantage of Cheers with the two room option. My son and I are assigned to one cabin, my wife and two daughters are in the adjoining cabin. When I ordered Cheers for my cabin, I was charged for only one person.

Yes so this was also her situation, but she was trying to tell me that even if her and her husband were in one room they wouldn't both have to pay which is false.

ROFL!!!!! Lets teach people how to circumvent the Cheers rule too. Priceless.

Well to be fair, they need 2 rooms with 5 people so it's not their fault that they don't charge the whole family. I don't drink so why should I have to buy a package just because my husband does?

Well to be fair, they need 2 rooms with 5 people so it's not their fault that they don't charge the whole family. I don't drink so why should I have to buy a package just because my husband does?

And just to be fair your husband does not have to buy the package either.

I keep telling people it is like when you purchase a bottle of water at the gas station. The price is 2 bottles for $2.00 or $1.50 each. You can't say I only need one bottle so just charge me a dollar. You make the choice as to what works best for you.

You know, I don't get people like you. [emoji19]the rules are quite clear. The requirement for the Cheers program is that every adult in the cabin must purchase it. Every adult in the cabin did purchase it. The non-drinking spouse is not booked into the cabin. They are absolutely following the rules.

For some reason you don't get that many people actually don't drink. So why should a anyone who already has the added expense of needing two cabins and has no intention of imbibing have to pay for two cheers packages too when only one person can take advantage of it. So, do you think someone who pays the surcharge to travel solo should have to buy two Cheers programs because typically they get double that for rooms????? Or what if someone finds love on board and they ended cohabitation during the cruise, do you think that the one that is paying for their cabin but does not drink and did not get the Cheers package is cheating????

You just can't fix stupid. . .

NCL Sunward 1974

NCL Starward 1978

Costa Daphne 1982

Carnival Triumph 2001

Carnival Conquests 2005

Carnival Magic 2014

And just to be fair your husband does not have to buy the package either.

I keep telling people it is like when you purchase a bottle of water at the gas station. The price is 2 bottles for $2.00 or $1.50 each. You can't say I only need one bottle so just charge me a dollar. You make the choice as to what works best for you.

Yes, but no where does the package say two people get it for less than one. Only that both adults must get it. Otherwise, there wouldn't be a problem. Most people would gladly pay slightly more for one, but very few will pay double for one.

NCL Sunward 1974

NCL Starward 1978

Costa Daphne 1982

Carnival Triumph 2001

Carnival Conquests 2005

Carnival Magic 2014