Curaco Sea Aquarium/ Sea Lion Swim

travelgirl913

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Sea Loin Swim- do they give life vests or do you need to know how to swim? All the literature says you need to know how to swim. Please advise

There are two different programs, at different times.

Last week in Curacao, we did the Sea Lion Encounter at 11 AM. This is lots of fun but is entirely on land. You don't even need a swim suit.

Then DW stayed until 1 PM and did the Sea Lion Snorkel. This is in deep water and you definitely need to be a strong swimmer. You will be swimming and snorkeling for about a half hour. They did not use life vests.

Check out our pictures at

Southern Caribbean Cruise

Have a GREAT cruise!

• 2 weeks later...
There are two different programs, at different times.

Last week in Curacao, we did the Sea Lion Encounter at 11 AM. This is lots of fun but is entirely on land. You don't even need a swim suit.

Then DW stayed until 1 PM and did the Sea Lion Snorkel. This is in deep water and you definitely need to be a strong swimmer. You will be swimming and snorkeling for about a half hour. They did not use life vests.

Check out our pictures at

Southern Caribbean Cruise

Have a GREAT cruise!

Just a bit of my opinion. We just did the sea lion swim last week. I am not a very strong swimmer. While you do need to know how to swim and the water was deep and there were no vests, the water there is VERY salty, and I kind of just floated. We were very bouyent (spelling?) I would not do it if I could not swim at all though. The swim consisted of about a 1/2 the time on land interacting with a sea lion, and the other 1/2 in the water

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

actually, when we did the dolphin encounter there were people who came along that didn't do the encounter and they just paid the cab service and any entrance fees (not sure what)

i have a few questions.....if my kids want to do either the sea lions or dolphins and my husband and i are just "with" them but not participating....would we also be charge the $209 pp or the $109 pp?

is transportation and beach access available with both excursions?

• 3 weeks later...

I just did this last week; the sea lion swim...and just a couple small things, you don't need to know how to snorkel; i don't, so i just swam with the mask and stuck my head up to breath, but you do need to nkow how to swim, as you are in there for about 30 minutes.

if you wear glasses, they have special masks so you can see (i can see literally 2 inches in front of me without them) you do need to know how to swim, and it is tiring, but awesome! i would definitely recommend it.

one negative, the excursion was a tiny bit disorganized; once we got there, since they took everyone at once time, they then had to separate out who was doing what, and there was some waiting around, but again, i had a great time, and it was worth it for me.

• 2 months later...

We are very intersted in booking this excursion. I have my sister and bro-in-law travelling with us. My sister has difficulty walking long distances due to an illness she is recovering from. Can you tell me if it is a very long walk from transportation provided by the Ship to the Aquarium and where the Sea Lion tank/area is?

Thanks

AoS 12/16/07

• 4 weeks later...

We are going to do the sea lion swim. Just wondering if there is a ledge to hold on to in order to take a break? I can swim but i don't think i could tread water for 30 min. One other poster said she kind of floated as the water was buoyant. Has anyone else had this experience? And do you have to wear fins? Thanks:)

Archived