Adventure of the Seas Embarkation time???? And Pre-Cruise Hotel????

We wanted to be in Old San Juan, so we could do some sight-seeing prior to boarding. We chose a boutique hotel, so it would feel more local, rather than a chain like Hyatt or Marriott. I highly recommend Villa Herencia in Old San Juan. It's a darling B&B with a variety of rooms, each with its own Old World charm. There is a lovely roof-top patio, great for lounging, and the breakfast is fabulous.

I had read up on the hotel and ended up booking it OVER a year in advance, seeing that it typically sold out soon after extending reservation dates during peak cruise season. We had an unusual experience, but even without our unexpected "upgrade," I would highly recommend.

When we arrived, the owners indicated that ALL the other rooms had been rented out to a single group who was there for a wedding at the near-by cathedral. Concerned that we might feel out of place, they asked if we'd prefer to stay in a condo they owned, just around the corner. I was hesitant, having read such great things about the hotel and looking forward to experiencing it myself it for over a year. They showed us the room we'd have in the inn, then walked us to our "option 2," the condo we could use for no additional charge. It was right across the street from the cathedral and it was HUGE. Three bedrooms, two bathrooms, living room, dining room, full kitchen. And they still let us have breakfast at the inn. BEST upgrade EVER!!!

Can someone please tell me what time you can board Adventure in San Juan? Sail time is 830pm on 3/31/18. We are arriving in San Juan Friday at dinner time. Hoping to book a hotel close to the pier, but not sure if we can do any touring of San Juan on Saturday before we leave?

TIA!

We are on the 11/18 sailing. We are staying at the Hilton Candado and have staid there before. We have also stayed at the Renaissance and Marriott Stilaris. Friends have stayed at the Hyatt. Any hotel in Candado area is close to the pier where Adventure departs.