Kids sleeping arrangements

mhacha

Not that I know of. We have cruised MSC twice with small children. Both times we picked a room with double sofa bed, as they were too young for me to feel comfortable with them sleeping in Pullmans.

The 1st time I had one in a pack-n-play and pushed it next to the sofa, while the other slept on the sofa. I had the room attendant just put sheets on the sofa without pulling it out. The pack-n-play acted like a bed rail for him.

The 2nd time, the double sofa was really a trundle type bed if that makes sense. One on the floor mattress and one on the sofa. My youngest wouldn't go for it, though, so she just slept in bed between mommy and daddy, while the older slept on the mattress close to the floor.

My son is six and he's been cruising since 8 months old, on his first trip MSC provided a travel cot, never heard of them using bed rails. The other times he slept on the double sofa bed.

When we were on Divina January 2017 we were provided with a short pack and play for our daughter who was 20 months. The steward attempted to set it up for us, but I'm guessing he had never had to do that before. My daughter refused to sleep in it though. We kept the pad for it and she would sleep on the pad on the floor, (her choice, not ours.) The steward would change the sheets out for her as if it were a regular bed. We surrounded her with pillows from the couch so she would not roll under the bed. We brought her favorite blanket from home. It worked out well for us. We will see what this coming January brings as she is now two going on 16!