Nieuw Amsterdam lido cabanas

BTwurddle

I posted yesterday asking about retreat cabanas. My partner and I are bringing along our niece and her best friend on a sailing while they are on break from college. After to speaking with them today I get the feeling they might be more interested in the cabanas on the lido deck due to the proximity to the pool as I expect they will be spending a lot of time in that area. Can anyone advise on the service and/or experience of the lido cabanas? We will be renting two so that we can open the curtain between them and have a large enough area to lounge out of the pool and perhaps enjoy lunch from the dive in (fingers crossed its still as good as I remember!) Is service as attentive as the website suggests? Just curious to anyone's experience with them recently. Thanks so much in advance and happy cruising everyone!

We've done Lido Cabanas on Eurodam and NA. We've always had great service (actually better service at the Lido Cabanas than we had in the Retreat Cabanas on Koningsdam). They will get you lunch from Dive In or the buffet and are very attentive.

The only issue with the Lido Cabanas is that there is no privacy whatsoever. This isn't an issue for us, but I know it is for some. Once we came to our cabana and someone was sitting in it (even though it was roped off). We politely told them that this was our cabana and they needed to go.

There was one day on NA that the wind was very bad and they took back the curtains between the Cabanas. It felt a little strange, but we chatted pleasantly with our neighbors and had a nice time.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I posted yesterday asking about retreat cabanas. My partner and I are bringing along our niece and her best friend on a sailing while they are on break from college. After to speaking with them today I get the feeling they might be more interested in the cabanas on the lido deck due to the proximity to the pool as I expect they will be spending a lot of time in that area. Can anyone advise on the service and/or experience of the lido cabanas? We will be renting two so that we can open the curtain between them and have a large enough area to lounge out of the pool and perhaps enjoy lunch from the dive in (fingers crossed its still as good as I remember!) Is service as attentive as the website suggests? Just curious to anyone's experience with them recently. Thanks so much in advance and happy cruising everyone!
We did two Caribean Cruises on Niew Amsterdam - we booked the lido cabana's one time - the service was excellent - we did ask to borrow a fan because sitting in the shade was still too hot. If the college kids want to tan they will likely use the regular deck chairs. One may be enough for the four of you most of the time. The retreat is another option - but you have to go up and down the steps to visit the pool.