St. Lucia

maureen B.

We are going on The Golden Princess on 6/27. Does anyone know if it is possible to buy an excursion to the Pitons, the catamaran cruise from anyone once we arrive in St. Lucia? Is there a booth or an office that sells excursions, or do we have to buy them from Princess? Thank-you for any help.

I have read good reviews of a tour driver named Frank Connolly. He does a customized tour of St Lucia at a reasonable price (about $50 person for 3 or more) that lasts most of the day and visits the volcano, waterfalls, Pitons, botanical garden and a beach stop. He includes cold drinks as well.

My wife and I are with you on the Golden - 6/27. I think there will be pleny of tours of the Pitons available at the dock. I also have heard Frank Connolly is good but I lost his e-mail address. If I find it I'll let you know. I think we are getting a taxi to Marigot for the day, nice beach there. Good luck with the Pitons.

I hope you all enjoy St. Lucia as much as we did. It's my favorite port in 7 cruises. We did a catamaran land and sea excursion through Princess and swam, snorkeled, danced, drank rum, saw the inactive volcano, the botanical gardens, open-air buffet, then a hair-raising ride back through the rainforest in a bus. What a wonderful day! Have fun. I wish I were going with you.

Well! Looks like the gang's all here!

Thanks for your feedback, Aquarian (I'm an Aquarian, too, by the way[img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] I think you're referring to the "Diamond Botanical Gardens, Waterfall, & Mineral Baths" I see in the Golden Princess shore excursion booklet.

It looks like they discontinued the volcano and rum parts of the tour. Were you able to swim in the waterfall and mineral baths, or were they for viewing only?

Best Wishes,

Breindel

I think they have changed tour companies from what you say. We met the catamaran (the Tango Too) near the ship in the morning and sailed down the coast. We slowed down at Marigot and then stopped at Anse Chastenet for swimming and snorkeling. When we set sail again, we changed clothes and lots of us were dancing with the crew with lots of free rum included. When we arrived at Soufriere, we boarded a minivan and toured the inactive volcano and a beautiful botanical garden. After that we were taken to a beautiful estate house where we were greeted by beautiful hostesses in colorful costumes who presented us with a complimentary drink and then we were treated to a St. Lucian open-air buffet, complete with fried flying fish and plaintain, etc. Dessert was homemade vanilla ice cream with freshly shaved coconut on top. After the buffet, we boarded a larger bus and returned through the mountains to Castries to the ship. On the way, the tour guide was very informative about the island and we also drove through a banana plantation. It was a great day. If Princess doesn't offer this tour anymore, try finding a website for a private company that does. I can't tell you how enjoyable a day it was. At the botanical gardens, it was possible to get into the mineral baths for a fee but no one in our tour did it. One of the highlights of this tour was during the sail down the coastline, the Pitons came into view on the horizon and it was a beautiful sight.

Archived