Destiny review

Mishelle

I posted this somewhere else but not sure if it was the correct place so i will repost it.

Carnival Destiny 11/20-11/27. For the most part it was such a great cruise.

Arrived in San Juan on Friday for our Pre Cruise stay. It was so funny we couldn't land in the airport they closed it for 15 minutes so they could remove an aguna off the runway.

Pre Cruise: We stayed at the embassy suites 10 minutes from the airport. I was nice but next time I would like to stay someplace that is on the beach. It was clean and the breakfast buffet was nice. Checked out Sunday at 12:00 got a cab and straight to the port

Embarkment was great we arrived at the port and was on the boat at our cabin in 45 minutes. Ate a quick lunch and got off the boat to explore Old San Juan. Back on the boat by 6:00 unpacked and explored the boat. After dinner signed my son up for the Kids club. Went to the Muenster Drill then off to the Lido Deck to see the ship take off. They had a little party on deck afterwards.

St. Thomas. Woke up got ready and went to the Lido deck for breakfast the lines were way to long so off to the universal dining room for a nice and relaxing breakfast. We went to Megans Bay. They charged us $6.00 a person. Spent a few hours there then got a cab back to the ship to have lunch and shower the off to go shopping.

Dominica: We did the Roseau Sightseeing & Trafalgar Falls tour and all I can say is wow. It was great. What a beautiful island. We had a great tour guide and got in a small van with only 4 other people. Arrived back at the ship and did a little shopping. This is the first Formal night.

Barbados: My favorite the sand was like powder. We spent the whole day at The Boat yard. Taxi was $3.00 per person to get there and back. My DD tour was canceled through carnival so she decided to stay on the boat. I saw people with Scuba gear and asked how much it was. It cost $52.00 so I ran back to the boat to get her. She said it was the best dive on the whole trip. We ate at the boat yard the food was good but expensive. The cost to use the boat yard was $12.00 and $2.00 for an umbrella. It was very relaxing there and not crowded.

Day at sea. Didn't do much. Thanksgiving Day and second formal night.

Aruba: We went to the beach but can't remember the name of it. It was $10 for the cab ride each way they do have a bus outside the port for $2.00 per person. Stayed there till noon but wanted to get back to go shopping most of the stores closed at 6:00. Go back on the boat around 5:30 ate and then went off the ship again until 9:30.

Last day at sea. Enjoyed our last day of vacation.

Ship: Very clean. We had 2 rooms, Balcony 7239 & 7241. We asked our room Stewart to open the balacony divider and we had a nice big balcony. Our room was right across from the laundry room never much noise. They were replacing carpet on day on 2 of the floors. Cruise director was great.

Debarkation: Our flight was changed to before noon so we were allowed off the boat first. This was very smooth. We were off the boat and waiting at our gate at the airport by 9:30.

Taxi prices: We had 5 people, 12 pieces of luggage

Airport to hotel $20.00

Hotel to Port $30.00

Port to Airport $27.50

You are given a paper with the cost before you get in the cab. They are vans so you can fit 6 people plus luggage.

I am sure I missed a lot so if you have any questions please feel free to ask.

Michelle

Archived