Back From Legend Cat 11 Aft Wraparound

BEAUFOEHEAD

Hello Everyone,

I had a wonderful cruise and really enjoyed my room.

Embarkment- Fort Lauderdale is not the place to get on your vessel, it is total mass confusion and I hate that part of cruising. I was with a handicapped couple and the process for them was just awful. I did not get to enjoy the only perk that Carnival gives those who have purchased a suite, but that was because their is way to much confusion and nobody knows what is going on. I will try never to book another cruise leaving out of that port. The porters do not know anything so do not ask them for any help, find someone from Carnival and you might get some help. Now with that out of the way let's get to the fun.

Once on the ship I was pleasantly surprised this is a beautiful ship and I would cruise her again in a heartbeat. The staff was top of the line, with the exception of my cabin steward she was a little slack, but the cabin made up for it. I was just awe struck with this cabin and will probably never want to cruise in anything less. The cabin was just as it has been described on this board. The balcony was AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The only flaw was that people above could see right down on our balcony and Serene had posted that info about this floor (6th floor). We constantly had people wanting to peep in our room which was just fine, except for our neighbor that was constantly looking around the partion to see our balcony.

I wanted to view a cat 12 and the room steward said: only on the last day, because of security reason". I totally understand that, she also informed us that she liked this room better than a cat 12 anyway.

We had a great waitstaff in the dining room that made everything just great. Our headwaiter was Zsolt and his asst. was Imade they were wonderful and I could only say wonderful things about them.

The Islands

St. Maartin was absolutely beautiful!!!!!!!!!!! We had plans to do the Lord Shelfield thing, but in our e-mails we must of mis-communicated about island time and ship time and we missed the boat by an hour:(. I was really looking forward to this and the boat looked awesome as it sailed away. Oh well, we found a beach and it was just fine. Warning::::: The sun is very strong on this island and we got so burned just from walking around town. I have an olive complexion and had 30SPF and still burned:eek: .

Barbados has very beautiful beaches, but if you go to the downtown area ladies watch your purses and/or backpacks. Someone attempted to pickpocket me on two occasions, so ladies just be careful.

Martinque I would never go to this island again. The cab drivers will try to rip you off. It should not cost you more than 2 dollars to go downtown and 2 dollars to the ferry. You can take the ferry to any beach for 10 dollars. These cab drivers are very deceptive and I wouldn't trust them with anything, and most of them do not speak english. I would brush up on your French before going to this island. If you go downtown there is a Farmers Market and it is just massive you would enjoy this. There is also a beautiful church downtown don't miss these two things if you go downtown.

Ship: I would sail her again. The staff was wonderful and very attentive to your every need. If your planning to sail on her I hope you have a wonderful time and if you have any questions please feel free to ask.

Happy Trails

Hey Reese

I went to the Boatyard in Barbados it is a very nice beach if you like to party, unfortunately it rained most of the time we were there, so we went downtown and shopped. Be very careful if you go downtown. There is a lot of police presence so that does help some, also be aware that Barbados' money is 2 of their dollar to one of ours, and a lot of merchants will tell you the price on something and they are quoting you the Barbados' dollar and not US and you must let them know or you will end up paying double because they do not correct you, this happened several times. I am sure this was just an honest mistake.;)

You will LOVE your aft cabin. Have a great time and if you have anymore questions please ask. I apologize for any spelling or grammar mistakes it was a long day yesterday and I have not received must sleep, we decided to just drive home last night all the way and got home around 2am it was about a 700 hundred mile drive:eek:.

Ana

Hey Reese

I went to the Boatyard in Barbados it is a very nice beach if you like to party, unfortunately it rained most of the time we were there, so we went downtown and shopped. Be very careful if you go downtown. There is a lot of police presence so that does help some, also be aware that Barbados' money is 2 of their dollar to one of ours, and a lot of merchants will tell you the price on something and they are quoting you the Barbados' dollar and not US and you must let them know or you will end up paying double because they do not correct you, this happened several times. I am sure this was just an honest mistake.;)

You will LOVE your aft cabin. Have a great time and if you have anymore questions please ask. I apologize for any spelling or grammar mistakes it was a long day yesterday and I have not received must sleep, we decided to just drive home last night all the way and got home around 2am it was about a 700 hundred mile drive:eek:.

Ana

Hey Reese

Ana

Catrin,

I too am sorry we did not get to meet I was so exausted after the drive down to Florida, but I did make it down to the aft pool but it was after the muster drill.

I agree w/ you about the piano bar he was rather boring. I TOTALLY agree with you about the cigar lounge, I complained about that every time I had to walk through it. They needed to place that somewhere else on the ship. I would stand right outside of it next to Truffles and listen to the 3 piece band because they were very good.

The band at the pool was very good, but if you were out on the deck more than a day you knew exactly what they were going to play, but it was very entertaining. Lenny was not very good I did not like him very much his humor was a little stale.

Martinique was a total waste of time. If you want to get ripped off spend time in Martinique.

I really hate that we did not get to meet. I really met some wonderful people on this ship and it sounds like you and your husband would of been right there on the top of the list.

I am planning my next cruise to Europe the Transatlantic and I can not wait.

I hope you and your family have a wonderful happy holiday.

Ana

Archived