Carnival: Top 10 Best of Havana Excursion

On-the-Go

We just booked this, too, for October. I was very unsure what we wanted to do. I knew we wanted to do a tour, but wasn't sure if we wanted to go with Carnival or an independent. We decided to go with Carnival, because if anything goes wrong, they will take care of it.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks for the reply. We're booked for the Havana cruise out of Tampa next week, Sept 7 - 11. If hurricane Irma doesn't interfere. Will be taking the tour Friday the 8th. Once we return, I'll let you know how it was and what you need to take with you. Looking forward to it but wish I knew the water situation. Maybe someone will respond with more information before we leave. Bon Voyage!

Thanks for the reply. We're booked for the Havana cruise out of Tampa next week, Sept 7 - 11. If hurricane Irma doesn't interfere. Will be taking the tour Friday the 8th. Once we return, I'll let you know how it was and what you need to take with you. Looking forward to it but wish I knew the water situation. Maybe someone will respond with more information before we leave. Bon Voyage!

Good luck this weekend! Looks like you might need it!

Carnival Paradise - 2/20/16

Carnival Elation - 10/17/16

Carnival Magic - 1/14/17

Carnival Paradise - 10/9/17

Carnival Horizon - 4/15/18

We were there two weeks ago. IT.WAS.HOT.HOT.HOT in Habana!! We weren't thrilled with our tour as the guide did not speak good english. That, combined with a gravely sound system in the tour bus, made things frustrating. There was a toilet in the bus. We brought our own water. We were very glad that we were able to visit Cuba.

• 2 weeks later...
To Suzanne217

Could you expand on your Top Ten Best of excursion? What were some of the sights you saw, which ones you were able to get off the bus at, etc.

We saw the fort, the statue of Jesus, governmental buildings, the public market, the capital building, a cemetery where we were off the bus. Longest time off the bus was 45 minutes. The other sites were seen while driving along the road in the bus. As I said, it was HOT. Ridiculously HOT. The immigration area at the port was stifling. Bring a fan! We left the tour and walked along the malecon back to the boat. That was the best place to interact with the people!

The bus was awesome, wonderful seats and ac. (The heat was almost unbearable). Our guide was good. They had water, but it tasted bad. The tour was mediocre, no interaction with people (wasn't that the whole point?), not enough time to shop. The market was too huge and full of rip offs. No one was glad to see us, just lots of begging. If you could find a taxi driver that speaks English well, that might be much better (I suppose you'd also have to be able to tolerate the heat.) . Take notes, pix, receipts, and spend 7+ hours doing the best things.

• 2 weeks later...

We just got back from Cuba and we had the Top 10 tour. First, let me say it does take some time to get off the ship in Havana. We were told to meet in the Dining Room at 12 noon and did not get called to get off the ship until almost 12:45 pm. By the time we got through customs it was 1:15 and on the bus at 1:30 pm. We saw the Christ Statue, the Fort, where we walked around for 30 minutes, the capital building, the revolution square, the cemetery and drove by lots of other sites, ending at a flea market for an hour, where we were told we could buy cigars and liquor. The cigar shop was a tiny “stall” with one person working the counter. We stood inline for 45 minutes and they did not even have the cigars we wanted. By the time we got back to the ship, the State cigar shops were all closed. They close at 6 pm, by the way! The tour guide was a great, but the fact that we did not have time to buy cigars was very disappointing.

Sent from my iPad using Forums