Qm2 round trip M741c New York bus

GrimWheel

hi everyone.

I'm trying to find the three stop shuttle bus excursion, starting and finishing at the terminal, doing you own walking etc...

Found the info some weeks ago but now cannot, and nor can I find on the Cunard website.

Can anyone help?

Most grateful

David

We booked it before we went just to be on the safe side! It probably depends on how many passengers are doing the two way crossing, most seem to be going just one way.......I would point out that it is literally a shuttle to three different places with a driver plus assistant who said nothing other than what time the pick up was! So no places of interest were pointed out, nor any suggestions of what to look at.....it was very much do it yourself! Also time at each stop was dependent on traffic....in our case 50 mins at first stop (Museum mile in 5th AVE) so not long enough to go into Museum really, so we had a quick walk in Central Park......next stop by Rockefeller Centre we had hour and a half so we had coffee and cake then walked to St Patrick's cathedral browsed the underground shopping mall then time for pick up....last stop fairly close to 9/11 memorial which we had to find ourselves which we did ......then a quick visit to department store to find a loo and buy a bottle of drink!! It all seemed a bit rushed but we did drive past Wall Street, Madison Square, Trump Tower, The Stock Exchange, but none of this was pointed out to us, (we just noticed it out of the coach window), which I thought was a shame!!

In hindsight we probably would have got the metro from the cruise terminal, if there is a station close by, and planned something ourselves.....I have heard since there is some sort of ferry across to Manhattan which might have been a good idea....might be worth doing some research......but the traffic was horrendous so not advisable to go by road !!! We also heard taxis don't like to go from Manhattan back to Brooklyn. Hope this helps !

hi everyone.

I'm trying to find the three stop shuttle bus excursion, starting and finishing at the terminal, doing you own walking etc...

Found the info some weeks ago but now cannot, and nor can I find on the Cunard website.

Can anyone help?

Most grateful

David

David, if you are just looking for the description of the "New York Three Stop" shore excursion, it can be found by following the "New York" link on the "Ports and Excursions" page for your voyage M741C here.

http://www.cunard.co.uk/cruise-search/book-a-cruise/cruises/qm/2457-m741c-sou1-sou2/ports-and-excursions/

On the other hand, if you are looking for that excursion in Voyage Personaliser for your voyage and can't find it there, then that excursion may not actually be offered on your voyage. Unfortunately not every excursion listed on the "Ports and Excursion" page of the voyage description will actually be offered and thus may not be available to be booked in Voyage Personaliser. For example, I see several of the New York excursion descriptions on the "Ports and Excursions" page for your voyage mention seeing the 'Big Apple' at night. Pretty clearly those excursions won't actually be offered on your voyage since it doesn't involve an overnight in New York.

Hope this helps some.

Regards,

John

In hindsight we probably would have got the metro from the cruise terminal, if there is a station close by, and planned something ourselves.....I have heard since there is some sort of ferry across to Manhattan which might have been a good idea....might be worth doing some research......but the traffic was horrendous so not advisable to go by road !!! We also heard taxis don't like to go from Manhattan back to Brooklyn. Hope this helps !

The ferry is indeed the easiest and cheapest way to travel between Red Hook and Manhattan. It's now my preferred method for travelling between the two points. The Red Hook ferry slip is about a two minutes' walk from the door of the Brooklyn (Red Hook) Cruise Terminal.

See the thread linked below for more information, including photos and links to videos and timetables:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2519678