When to book July Alaska inside passage

MudderBear

We're booking a cruise for the end of July 2018 (7/24-7/31), inside passage. Is it too cold for a balcony?

I guess it depends on your definition of cold. On my trip we experienced all types of weather from cool to down right warm. The weather in that region can vary quite a bit. Best to dress in layers.

We booked our May 2018 cruise in March as soon as they were released. The price has done nothing but go up. We also booked our flights from the East Coast to Anchorage and Vancouver home also have risen every time I check. By booking the cruise back in March we were not affected by the non refundable deposit which is in place now. I would book your cruise as soon as you see a price you can live with and find the cabin you want.

I've heard the Alaska ones just go up in price, they don't fall. I think this depends on the line, but with RCI if the price drops after you book you can call and they'll match the current deal. After final payment though, any deals they offer are using 'new bookings only'.

One risk to booking so far out, is you actually can't book airfare yet. For my August '18 Alaska cruise I'm still waiting for flights to be posted, so I have no clue how much they'll end up being.