Back from a week on the Sun

Hula

We just returned Sunday from a week on the Sun. Overall it was a good trip, and we enjoyed it. We had our 16 month old son with us, so it was a little challenging. I will give you a quick overview, but if you have any questions, I will do my best to answer:

Embarkation was so easy and fast, and they had our luggage to our room within an hour of us getting on the ship.

The food was okay, I never had any dish that stood out as just excellent. I have been on 3 other cruise lines, and they all had better food in my opinion, than NCL. We had horrible service in one of the dining rooms, and excellent service in the other. We ate at Pacific Heights two times for dinner. It requires reservations, but it is free. To me, the food here was a lot better than in the dining room.

Overall, I thought the ship was very pretty, and clean. They have hand sanitizer when you get on and off the ship, and at all of the restaurants and buffets.

In Cozumel, we went to Paradise Beach. It was very nice, and the free entrance, chairs, and umbrella were nice too. You can order food and drinks there, and waiters bring it right to you, in your beach chair. We had the guacamole, and it was very good.

The water there was pretty cloudy, so I wouldn't reccomend it for snorkeling, but it was pretty all the same.

We didn't really do anything in Belize. We had been there once before, and went to Cay Caulker, but I didn't want to do that with the baby. You really do need some kind of plan if you want to do anything when you stop in Belize.

We all loved Roatan. It was our first time there, and we had a great time. We took a cab ride over to where Captain Van's rentals are(although we weren't renting anything). Once we were there we took a water taxi to the beach. The water taxi let us out right beside the Tabyana beach trip sold by the ship. (Except our trip ended up costing only $20 per person, total). We sat down the beach a little ways from the people on the excursion. There was a lot of shade provided by palm trees, the sand was soft, and the water was clear as a swimming pool. We found the locals to be very friendly and not near as pushy about selling you things as some of the people on other islands.

We went to almost all of the shows at night. I found them all to be very enjoyable. I thought the singers and dancers were quite good. One night they had a singer, I think her name was Jane Powell?? She was excellent! Do not miss her if you are going on the Sun.

Debarkation was a breeze also, and we easily found our luggage.

Overall, good cruise!:)

Welcome back home Hula!

We leave on the Sun this coming Sunday and I have a few questions.....

What time were you able to board?

What kind of cabin were you in? Did you find it easy to find your way around?

What was your impression about the service, drink, cabin, etc?

I'm glad you had a nice cruise experience.

I am not sure what time they started boarding, we got on at about 12:30.

We were in an outside cabin on deck 9, with a window. We really liked the cabin, and it was pretty good size. The room stewards were great.

We found it pretty easy to get around on the ship. There were times when we would walk all of the way to the back of the ship only to realize we meant to go to the front, or vice versa. But, I think that was just us, not the ship layout;)

All of the crew were very friendly! We had very slow service in one of the dining rooms, but I can't remember what it was called. It was so slow that I actually left before my entree came. And, talking to other people we found that they had the same problem in that dining room.

Oh, and the first night, and part of the first day we had some rough seas, and that ship was rocking and rolling! I woke up in the middle of the night, and got very sick, if you know what I mean. After that it was fine. You can get free sea sick meds from the desk if you need them.

Hope you have a great cruise!!:D

Archived