Drink package specials on Harmony?

BUNNY81

Hi all! Has anyone that has recently travelled on Harmony of the Seas received an email giving discount on the drink packages in the lead up to the cruise? I missed a 20% discount a while ago and hoping another one comes around... I have seen that sometimes people get a 'countdown to cruise email' with drink package specials close to traveling. We don't travel until November but just wondering in advance! thanks!

I've never received an email and I've never been able to figure out what initial price these % off discounts are being offered on. For example, my deluxe beverage package showed (I think) $45 a day and no % off. 20% off is kind of useless information unless you know either the initial or discounted price. Basically, % off is a ruse. The price is important.

Hi! Mine comes up as £35.42 GBP per day - but then 20% compulsory gratuity on top when you add it to your cart. I think when the 20% off offer was on it basically nullified the gratuity add on.

I don't know if this is true in the UK but in the US you can cancel/rebuy things in the Cruise Planner. So if it goes lower than £35.42 GBP/day you can cancel and re-buy. Gratuity is only 18% here, and it's based on current, not un-discounted price, so it will be cheaper.

Edit: What I'm trying to say is $40 plus 18% gratuity = $47.20; $40 minus 18% = $32.80 plus 18% gratuity = $38.70.

Thanks, I realise I can cancel and repurchase - but since the purchase will be processed in US dollars on a foreign credit card, if I end up cancelling you take a gamble over how much will actually be refunded to your foreign credit card at the time in terms of changes in foreign currency, foreign currency transaction fees and the whole difference between buy/sell rates... so it's not quite as easy :-)

Thanks, I realise I can cancel and repurchase - but since the purchase will be processed in US dollars on a foreign credit card, if I end up cancelling you take a gamble over how much will actually be refunded to your foreign credit card at the time in terms of changes in foreign currency, foreign currency transaction fees and the whole difference between buy/sell rates... so it's not quite as easy :-)

Ah, very interesting.

Hi all! Has anyone that has recently travelled on Harmony of the Seas received an email giving discount on the drink packages in the lead up to the cruise? I missed a 20% discount a while ago and hoping another one comes around... I have seen that sometimes people get a 'countdown to cruise email' with drink package specials close to traveling. We don't travel until November but just wondering in advance! thanks!

ususally you are able to get a 20% discount on drink packages as long as it is purchased prior to sailing.

The price you see on your Cruise Planner reflects a 20% discount if you buy it in advance. If you wait to get in on board, you will pay 20% more. Note that each ship has different prices for the Beverage Package.

That being said, we sailed on the Harmony this past February and they had a "Black Friday" sale last year and our group jumped on the price. It was offering the Drink Package and the Voom together for the price of the discounted drink package.

If you're a Diamond Plus member, wait till you get onboard and you will get 30% off. If not, get it in advance and save money.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...