Non-converting twins?? Should i worry?

guttermandave

we booked a cat jj inside guarantee on the jan. 22 sailing on the star. on the princess site, the cruise personalizer says my bed configuration is "non-converting twins". and lists the cabin as B208...ya crappy location..i know. anyone know if this cabin has beds that dont convert to a queen. that wouldnt be good:( . i guess i still have time for that miracle upgrade to happen. should i call princess, or just wait a while, and see what happens?

Hi, not to worry . This happens a lot. Just call your Travel Agent and ask them to contact Princess and request Queen configuation. It will then change on your Cruise Personalizer. Not a problem.

Cori

I am not an expert at this, but my guess it that the beds DO convert. Take a look on your cruise personalizer of the ship deck plan. Look at the yellow-colored cabins on the Dolphin deck (D301-D329). They have a * which says below that they are NOT convertible to a queen bed. Then look at your room -- there is no * there.

Hi, not to worry . This happens a lot. Just call your Travel Agent and ask them to contact Princess and request Queen configuation. It will then change on your Cruise Personalizer. Not a problem.

Cori

Some of them will convert, but if you put them in a queen configuration, there will be little room to walk around the bed. I had this same problem on my last cruise. I travel solo, and had my TA called Princess and find out if I would be stuck in a twin bed on this cruise because of what it said on the Personalizer. She found out that "non-convertible twins" was a glitch on the website and that yes, the twins in that cabin can be converted into a queen.

When I got onboard, however, the beds were configured as twins. I called my cabin steward and requested he put them together as a queen when he prepared the cabin in the evening. He told me he could do that, but also showed me where I would lose a lot of space in the cabin if the beds were configured that way. I could readily see what he meant and decided to try the twin configuration for a couple of nights and see how it worked out. I ended up just keeping it and using the second bed for storage (this was a 15 day cruise).

Some of those inside category cabins are pretty small and laid out in such a way that putting the beds together will leave you with very, very little room to walk around the bed. If a queen bed is an absolute requirement for you, you may wish to book a different cabin.

Blue skies ...

--rita

Dave, Your beds do convert, the personalizer just shows them as non-converting as a holdover from your having booked a guarantee. (All guarantee bookings default to non-converting listings; since the room isn't assigned yet, they cannot know the configuration until the room is assigned) One would think that the system could self-correct when a room is actually assigned, but it doesn't. And that causes all sorts of panic among passengers on these boards. You can call Princess or your TA to have it changed, but that may or may not result the beds being placed the way you want them. You can easily remedy this onboard by telling your cabin steward how you want them. Don't worry, and maybe the Upgrade Fairy will visit you yet.

Archived