Roll Call Spirit Jan. 5th Hong Kong

Margate Cruiser

Hi, my wife and I will be aboard the spirit on January fifth, we live in San Antonio Texas. This is only our second on Seabourn, we did two weeks in the carribean several years ago on Seabourn and do two to three cruises a year (but since then, it's been mostly on other lines). I have to say I've been somewhat disappointed by the changes in our itinerary. Particularly cancelling Indonesia and the Phillipines and adding vietnam. However, that said, I can say that of all the cruises we've ever taken, it seems that we had the most in common with the folks we met on our last Seabourn cruise. Hong Kong also looks exciting. We're also planning on scuba diving the Barrier reef at the end of the cruise (always wanted to do that). You asked about east coast - we'll be leaving on Continental's non stop from Newark - maybe we'll see you aboard the flight

It is a shame when itinaries have to change, but this time my wife is pleased as she wanted to see Vietnam but also be away at this time so the change of plan really suited. Did you notice that we will sail from Hong kong later on the 6 th which will gives us more time ashore.:)

We are planning on arriving in Hong Kong on the first, we thought the original one day in port was too little to experience fully that prior crown colony.

Now we get a full week to enjoy and get over the Jet Lag. We're excited about experiencing Hong Kong and looking forward to seeing how well you British have civilized the orient!!!

Spent a year in Vietnam -it is a seriously 3rd world country. Add to that one of the most repressive governments in the world today and it's an unfortunate situation in my estimation.

We are staying at the old Regent. Been there many times. We will be there from the second of Jan. This is our longest trip we will be away from home for 5 weeks. But we thought as long as we are traveling this far we should stay and see all the sights. We take 3 or 4 seabourn cruises a year and we just love it. We have met so many friends from all over the world and stayed in contact with them. We hope to make a party on board with all the people we have talked to on this thread. Judy and Steve

Archived