Gluten free in O'sheeahan or noodle bar?

geovet

I'm gluten free and just returned from a TA on the Jade, Southampton to NY. They like you to check in, I usually do it at my first MDR meal either lunch or dinner the first day, sometimes not until breakfast or lunch the second day. I just mention to my server or maitre'd that I am gluten free and they will send over one of the special meals representatives for that cruise. The young man I dealt with on the Jade was the best I've ever had, his name was Vuc. He will go over your food allergies, offer suggestions and bring menus for the next day. This helps you decide and the kitchen to prepare in advance.

I know I haven't answered your question yet, sorry to run on so :D

I don't know about the O'Sheehan's menu other than the Ruben sandwich, that is usually what I get there on GF bread. At the Asian restaurant I usually get the Char Sui noodle soup, it has rice noodles. I always tell them gluten free so they put Tamari soy sauce if they happen to use soy sauce. They also have a seafood soup that I have requested to be made with rice noodles as a replacement for the udon. On various ships I have been told one or the other soups cannot be made gluten free. So you have to go with what the kitchen says, they are not always in agreement. There is a crispy rice sushi that can be made GF. But my absolute favorite is the cod fish dinner with GF sauce requested. (I believe you can also get that meal in Cagneys and possibly request in other places). The last two items mentioned are not complimentary, there is a charge. Also, I always bring packets of Tamari soy sauce just in case it is not available.

At the buffet I stick with simple items that are not going to have been dredged in flour or breaded and no sauces. They have GF bread and toast on request. The best morning item is a GF blueberry muffin. It's in the dining room and if you ask at the buffet they can usually send someone down to get it. It comes warm and delicious! Just don't let it cool off or it's not as tasty.

Also, in La Cucina I have requested GF pasta and received it.

I hope that helps and was not much more than you needed to know.

Vickie