Ok, now I'm confused - Can someone explain the change in Concierge Class?

Joe_Antonelli

Help - I'm a bit confused about the changes happening in Concierge Class. We're booked on the Connie and already in CC for December, 2004. I know the changes are happening AFTER our cruise but, can someone explain what is happening - we're ready to book another cruise and I just want to book the right cabin. Are all balcony cabins now going to be concierge class? If not, can you explain the changes to me? Thanks.

Joe

Not that I can be of much help, but just booked the Millie for June 20, 2005. Was trying to figure out 1A vs. CC. Was informed that ALL 1A are now CC. I also noted that the price per cabin on a 1A was just a tad less than CC, yet the amenities are still the same! So, either way, expect CC service!

Hope that helps!

Cheryl

Big Red Boat
Royal Majesty
Holland America Ms. Westerdam
Holland America Amsterdam
Carnival Fantasy
Carnival Ectasy
Carnival Imagination
RCCL Explorer
RCCL Voyager
RCCL Nordic Empress
NCL Star
RCCL Mariner 10/04

No, the ss cat is a suite, which would hve the suite ammenities (i.e butler service). CC is the thing between regular staterooms and the suites. There is a lot of things about the 2, best thing to do is goto the celebrity website and look a the differences between suites and cc,

Nanci,
I have read thru these boards some mixed controversary re: amenities. I suggest you contact your TA and/or Celebrity to confirm. Also, look on the board here, as there are a couple of threads..one is Concierge Class and the other is on Cabin Selection. Both have a lot of information that has been of great help to me!

Sorry I could not help you more, but hopefully, Celebrity will give you all the RIGHT answers! GET IT IN WRITING!!

[img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

Cheryl

Big Red Boat
Royal Majesty
Carnival Fantasy
Carnival Ectasy
Carnival Imagination
RCCL Explorer
RCCL Voyager
RCCL Nordic Empress
NCL Star
RCCL Mariner 10/17/04
Celebrity Millennium 6/20/05 Honeymoon

On another thread or board, I have seen where someone has called Celebrity and that at a certain date all suites will also have concierge class ammenities. I don't remember where I saw this.

Cheryl, my wife and I also justed booked the same June 20, 2005 cruise on Millie.

Clyde

I was told by a Celebrity rep that these changes will go into effect as of May, 2005. We are booked in a formerly-1A cabin (then will be CC) for the 5/15 Barcelona-Venice on the Millennium. Hope this helps.

MissM

Clyde,
Yippee!! So glad to hear that you are joining us!! I see another post from you, so will catch up with you on that one!

Yes, you are right..there was another thread, but I don't remember where. I've been on so many! Bottom line is that Celebrity found a way to make extra money! What cabin did you and your wife book? You may have mentioned it on the other thread, but haven't been there yet! If so, don't worry..I'll get there!!

[img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Cheryl

Big Red Boat
Royal Majesty
Carnival Fantasy
Carnival Ectasy
Carnival Imagination
RCCL Explorer
RCCL Voyager
RCCL Nordic Empress
NCL Star
RCCL Mariner 10/17/04
Celebrity Millennium 6/20/05 Honeymoon

Cheryl,

We booked a sky suite on the sky deck. We had a sky suite when we cruised on Century and it was very nice. The butler brings "tea" and snacks about 4pm and then brings more snacks/appetizers about 5:30pm. They are not the greatest, but sitting on the verandah when you eat them, makes up for a lot.

Clyde

Thanks everyone for your info. I will call Celebrity closer to sail date as it seems like they are making changes often. Anyway....just to be on the cruise and in an SS suite is enough!!

Archived