Just off Navigator-Highs and Lows

Peardrop

Just enjoyed our 8th cruise with RCI, although this was our first on Navigator. Thought I would share some highs and lows.

We had an excellent boarding experience and were enjoying our first beverage in The Two Poets by 10.45am. We really like this size of ship, plenty to do but not so big that we don’t feel we can’t do her justice on a short 5 night sailing. We have previously sailed on Anthem, Independence and Freedom, and Navigator certainly held her own compared to hear other ships.

We had an excellent stateroom attendant (Sandra) and she looked after us beautifully. We had an interior cabin (7435) which was tucked away in a very quiet area behind the library. A great location which we would choose again without hesitation.

We had fabulous meals in both Chops and Giovanni’s, I had the filet mignon twice as it was so delicious! Our dining room staff were excellent but I didn’t appreciate the hard sell to purchase a dining package. Having spent our first 2 nights in the speciality restaurants, we went to the MDR on the third night and I was disappointed that we received a hard sell from the 3 different people within 2 mins of sitting down. In the end I had to quite sharply say we had done all the speciality dining we intended to do,and didn’t want to hear any more about it!

The bar staff were excellent and the cocktails were very enjoyable! Everything seemed to be covered on our drinks packages (deluxe) although annoying we had to make several visits to guest services to have odd charges removed for water, coffee etc. It was done without question, although no apology was ever received, we were simply told ‘mistakes happen because the bar staff are very busy’!

Overall we had a great cruise and have already booked for next October, as we really enjoy our break at this time of year, coming as it does between our main summer holiday and the events of Christmas. Navigator is a lovely ship however she is starting to look a little tatty and tired- missing tiles in the solarium, rust around some external doors, scuffs and dents in many areas, and very old and tired looking in the spa changing areas. We also felt there was a lack of activities particularly on the pool deck. I realise that an October UK cruise will not have great weather, however we had a lovely sunny day when we were docked in Spain, and the pool deck was very busy, so some music or activities would have been very popular. As it was a movie called ‘The Promise’ played on the pool screen, which was completely inappropriate given that it is a movie about genocide, showing as it did the mass graves of children!! We complained to guest services and asked that this 12 rated movie be switched off given that it was mid afternoon and the pool deck was packed with children, but it wasn’t.

All in all, we had a lot of fun and look forward to our time on board!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know you said you had the drink package, however did you notice if they sold the 10 drink punch card? If so, which day was it available? Thank you.

Yes I did see the 10 drink card being promoted in the cruise compass, and I’m sure it was available right from the start.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk