Norway porter luggage service

2cruisecats

We finish our Viking Ocean cruise in Bergen and plan on spending 3 or 4 days in the area before taking the train to Oslo. As we hope to make a couple of stops along the way, I don't want to worry about lugging baggage and discovered this service. Does anyone have experience using the Norway Porter service?

We finish our Viking Ocean cruise in Bergen and plan on spending 3 or 4 days in the area before taking the train to Oslo. As we hope to make a couple of stops along the way, I don't want to worry about lugging baggage and discovered this service. Does anyone have experience using the Norway Porter service?

We'll be doing that in reverse, from Oslo to Bergen.

Our hotel concierge in Oslo has written to us that they can assist with the arrangements, so we'll just take care of it once we are there. We'll be there for about 5 days.

But I don't know if the Bergen hotels have similar services. You might try emailing your hotel to see if they can help.

This seems to be a fairly common thing there.

The first time we experienced this was in Japan a few months ago, and there, there were logo'd trucks driving *everywhere*, taking luggage between hotels, Inns, Monasteries (yes, that was a surprise!). It made traveling between cities *so* much easier!

GC

We'll be doing that in reverse, from Oslo to Bergen.

Our hotel concierge in Oslo has written to us that they can assist with the arrangements, so we'll just take care of it once we are there. We'll be there for about 5 days.

But I don't know if the Bergen hotels have similar services. You might try emailing your hotel to see if they can help.

This seems to be a fairly common thing there.

The first time we experienced this was in Japan a few months ago, and there, there were logo'd trucks driving *everywhere*, taking luggage between hotels, Inns, Monasteries (yes, that was a surprise!). It made traveling between cities *so* much easier!

GC

May I ask your hotel choice in Oslo? Though we have looked at places in Stockholm and Bergen, we have just decided to extend our Norway stay and to take the train across to Oslo and fly home from there.

May I ask your hotel choice in Oslo? Though we have looked at places in Stockholm and Bergen, we have just decided to extend our Norway stay and to take the train across to Oslo and fly home from there.

We chose the Oslo Grand, one of the "grand dame" hotels We'll probably never get a chance to return (but would love to be wrong about that!). But there is a wide selection of hotels there.

Where are you staying in Bergen?

We are having a bit of trouble trying to decide there.

We'll be there a few days before our Hurtigruten RT cruise (that will be a fun experience, quite different), and then one night after, as the return flight time changed, and we couldn't make it with the new time.

DH had been to Stockholm and Oslo for business, a few decades ago, but this will be my first time to Scandinavia, and his first leisure trip.

GC

We chose the Oslo Grand, one of the "grand dame" hotels We'll probably never get a chance to return (but would love to be wrong about that!). But there is a wide selection of hotels there.

We'll be there a few days before our Hurtigruten RT cruise (that will be a fun experience, quite different), and then one night after, as the return flight time changed, and we couldn't make it with the new time.

DH had been to Stockholm and Oslo for business, a few decades ago, but this will be my first time to Scandinavia, and his first leisure trip.

GC

Hurtigruten -- that should be fun! Haven't booked yet for Bergen as need to decide on number of days but have an AirBnB booked for 4 nights in Old Town in Stockholm pre-cruise. Friends stayed at the Thon hotel in Bergen -- small rooms but close to everything. (I'm finding it strange to be booking hotels for May -- so far away!)

• 2 weeks later...

We have booked Scandic Byparken and Thon Hotel Rosenkrantz in Bergen... mostly for their placement in the Twinings Best Breakfast 2017 competition :o

If you are looking for something more comparable to the Oslo Grand, I would recommend the Clarion Hotel Havnekontoret in Bergen. The new Bergen Børs Hotel also seems to have quite good reviews.

• 6 months later...

Did you use the Porter service and if so how did they perform?

Did you use the Porter service and if so how did they perform?

Not "2cruisecats", but we did use the Porter service in early March, and it was perfect, from our hotel in Oslo to our hotel in Bergen.

SO convenient!

GC