cutoff for prepaying restaurants?

eastoftheboston

Forgive me if this has been asked before, but I couldn't find it after a search.

We're sailing with MSC for the first time this Saturday, four days out.

I wanted to prepay for the steakhouse and the Italian restaurant, and they were available options on the web site a couple of weeks ago, but now the only things available under drinks/dining are the drink packages and the bon voyage packages (birthday cakes, champagne, etc).

Is this a case of the web site being messed up again, or are you unable to purchase these options once you're close to sailing?

I tried calling MSC, but gave up after being on hold for 30 plus minutes two different times today.

Thanks in advance for any insight!

Forgive me if this has been asked before, but I couldn't find it after a search.

I wanted to prepay for the steakhouse and the Italian restaurant, and they were available options on the web site a couple of weeks ago, but now the only things available under drinks/dining are the drink packages and the bon voyage packages (birthday cakes, champagne, etc).

Is this a case of the web site being messed up again, or are you unable to purchase these options once you're close to sailing?

I tried calling MSC, but gave up after being on hold for 30 plus minutes two different times today.

They are gone from my booking in April as well so seems its another one that they have decided to "pull" :o

The cut of point is 4 days out.

Here is a screen dump of the opening page of the dining and drinks "enhance your cruise" section of the prepaid booking area

prepaid.jpg

Hope this was useful

Pete

Edited by Skier52

The cut of point is 4 days out.

Here is a screen dump of the opening page of the dining and drinks "enhance your cruise" section of the prepaid booking area

prepaid.jpg

Hope this was useful

Pete

Pete, this is very helpful actually! Even though dining packages seemed to have disappeared for others, even if I still had them available to look at, I probably would not have been able to book them so close to departure anyway.

Thank you again!