Antigua Itinerary

traveller236

Solo traveller on a cruise; will be in Antigua from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. In the morning, I'd like to take an island tour to include Nelson's Dockyard and Shirley Heights. In the afternoon, I'd like to go to a nice, calm white-sandy beach which has lockers and is near restaurants and some shops. I can't decide whether to take a RC excursion which is a bit pricey, book a local tour bus (i.e. Lawrence of Antigua) or attempt to do this on my own by a local bus. Because I'm travelling solo, I'm trying to take the least expensive route, but a bit nervous to take local buses on my own. From previous posts, I saw a local tour bus called Lawrence of Antigua. Does anyone know how much they charge and if you have to pre-book online or can you book once arrive in port? Recommendations and advice GREATLY appreciated. MANY THANKS!!!:ship::D:D

Lawrence gives a great tour and you can add the beach if you want. It is 40 plus 8 for National Park entrance fee for just the tour 50 plus 8 if you add the beach. I would recommend booking it in advance. You do not have to pay to reserve.

Thanks for your response allentownahoy! Lawrence sounds like a good plan.

I took the local bus to Nelson's Dockyard. It was very easy and reasonable. The downside was seeing place you might want to stop and take a picture where the bus didn't stop. With a tour you will see more, and stop at the great photo stops.

Thanks Sunshine002!