Private tour - Red tent

larie

We just returned from Costa Rica and had a fabulous time. We shopped at the shops at the pier. The vendors were not pushy and there was some great buy on beautiful wood pieces. We then negotiated a tour under the red tent right at the end of the pier. The gentleman wanted $45 for a 3-31/2 hour tour but we paid $30 (each) and there was 7 of us. We were with our guide about 5 hours. We went on a boat on a river and saw beautiful foilage. We saw sloths, monkeys, crocidiles, bats, iguanias etc...We then went to a animal rescue and fed toucans, held a scarlet macuw, saw a norweigian fighting chicken etc....we stopped for pictures and learned all sorts of interesting facts. We went to a del monte banana plantation and walked in the fields. It was incredible to see how bananas are harvested and we talked to the actual workers. It was a real highlight. We were very happy with this tour and the service we recieved. When we were done the guide came back to find me and had bought me some film he knew I needed. Great trip and easy to negotiate at the pier. We did all private tours but 1 this cruise (booked thru the ship in Panama) and had a marvelous time.

We just returned from the Island Princess on Sunday and had a wonderful time. If there is any info you need let me know. The red tent is at the end of the pier at the dock. It is the only "tent" there and you can't miss it. It is all by itself. When I saw it I thought now I know what this "red tent" is everyone is referring to.

Also consider a trip with Oscar Brown. A wonderful guide and driver, and if you pre-arrange a trip with him, you'll get the best price and avoid the haggling, and he'll be waiting for you on the pier when you arrive.

Archived