Anyone use Shore Trips??

H20 Lover

Anyone use this company? What are your thoughts? Please no one from this company post, I want some real opinions. icon_biggrin.gif

<h3><font color=orange>Yvonne

<h6>

<font color=darkblue>

Norwegian Skyward "Our Honeymoon" 10/88 ~ S. Caribbean

Royal Caribbean Splendour of the Seas 3/98 ~ W. Caribbean Circle

Royal Caribbean Grandeur of the Seas 3/15/02 ~ W. Caribbean Circle

Princess Cruise Star Princess 5/03/03 ~ Mexican Riviera

Next Cruise ~ Princess Cruise Diamond Princess 4/24/04 ~ Mexican Riviera

Hello H2OLover,

You may have seen posts from me here on cruisecritic.com

My name is Gray and I work at Vikings Fleet Sport Fishing here in Mazatlan.

To try and help you on your quesiton about shoretrips.com, there are many things to think about.

First off, there are many people now who see that they can make a web site and send people to the different tours and make a good comission.

You may find after doing some searching around online, that the prices like the above site offers may be charging more for the same tour package offered by the real company that does that particular tour..

For an example: For fishing here in Mazatlan, the above site is charging $413 U.S. for up to 4 people on a boat. Most newer, fiberglass, fast fishing boats at our new marinas here rent for $350 to $375 for a great boat for 4 people.. The boat mentioned on the above site is for the rental of a 28ft Bertram of which there are only 2 fleets here that have theses boats, and we are 1 of the 2. We charge $350 U.S. and the other fleet charges $375. Also, the above company is charging $276 U.S. for 1/2 charter.. That adds up to $552 U.S. for 4 people..

Also, the prices on the Stone Island and Jung Tour looks like they are charging more than the real company here in Mazatlan..

I am sure that you will find people who have used the company you mentioned as it saves you the time for looking online for the real company for each tour.. For that reason alone I can see how that would be a great way to go.

If you have some time, and want the same tour from the real company, then your better to go through the real company for that particular tour and pay the real price.

Hope this helps out a little..

I am not sure if you wanted a response from me on this topic as I work here in Mazatlan, but it frustrates me to see so many similar sites online as the one you mentioned, and more online all the time, with people trying to make a quick easy buck, while we are here all year working 60 hrs or more each week really trying to make a living down here.

Hope this helps..

Gray (fish4ever)

Guest KateKathy

Yes, you can book independently if you feel comfortable and have done your research, but I have used Shoretrips personally and refer my clients to them. They have terrific trips, great prices and you can count on them! See my (long) review of the Carnival Pride just posted today under the REview and Carnival sections. At the bottom is the piece on Cabo. I think it says it all. Use Shoretrips with confidence.

Kate

Golden Princess 06/04

Sun Princess 5/04

Carnival Pride 03/04

Carnival Victory 06/03

Norwegian Sun 03/03

Ocean Princess 07/02

Wind Surf 07/01

I too used ShoreTrips when I was a travel agent and have also booked trips independently and through the ships. It just depends on convenience, tour, port time. It's often easier to spend a little more and book through an broker all at once esp. if you are not familiar with a port -- for the most part companies like Shore Trips and Port Promotions do a good job of checking the tours out. It's just what you feel most comfortable with.

Host Caroline

<font SIZE="1">Join CC's "Alaska Live in 2005 Adventure"..you'll have a "whale" of a good time!</font>

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;09;19;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

<font SIZE="1">Days Till Royal Hounds Cruise on Mariner of the Seas...!</font>

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2005;02;13;16;0;00&timezone=GMT-0600

<font SIZE="1">Days Till Miracle Partae Pirates Cruise from Tampa</font>

<font SIZE="1">One can never have too many days at sea...</font>

• 4 months later...

I used them 7/18 on our trip to Alaska and would highly recommend them. All the tour operators were personalbe and made the experience special -the drivers/tour ops didn't seem like they were "faking" it and really loved what they do for a living and it shows. You can book ind. & it be cheaper but you really dont know what you are getting. Shore Trips cks out the companies personally& I was impressed. Liz

Archived