Return of buggy on charter flight to Barbados

molecrochip

Hi,

We're flying with Thomson to Barbados to meet Britannia soon. I'm very familiar (having done so numerous times) with the smooth transfer to the ship avoiding the airport.

This time we are taking our daughter and have already been told that we can keep our buggy until we board the plan. What no one knows, is when the buggy is returned to you. I'm hoping that this is when you get off the plane whilst on the tarmac. The idea that we would need to carry our daughter for hours until the buggy arrives with the luggage concerns me.

Has anyone had any experience?

Hi, we’ve done this with a buggy twice, (once we landed in Barbados and last year in St Lucia) and both times we spoke to the ground crew straight after disembarking, asking for the buggy to be offloaded.

At Barbados this wasn’t an issue as they (the Gatwick ground crew)stored the buggy in the front hold. In St Lucia the ground crew didn’t know where the buggy was so they had to do some digging in the containers, so we were on the last bus to the ship. However, it only took about half hour or so. The team at Barbados seemed fairly used to this request, and it took a matter of minutes to track it down. It was worth it too - We had a bit of a wait in check in hall at the port so having the buggy to hand was a god send.

My advice - if they don’t want to retrieve it out the hold for you, persevere and insist, even if you have to wait.

Have a great holiday!!

Hi, we’ve done this with a buggy twice, (once we landed in Barbados and last year in St Lucia) and both times we spoke to the ground crew straight after disembarking, asking for the buggy to be offloaded.

At Barbados this wasn’t an issue as they (the Gatwick ground crew)stored the buggy in the front hold. In St Lucia the ground crew didn’t know where the buggy was so they had to do some digging in the containers, so we were on the last bus to the ship. However, it only took about half hour or so. The team at Barbados seemed fairly used to this request, and it took a matter of minutes to track it down. It was worth it too - We had a bit of a wait in check in hall at the port so having the buggy to hand was a god send.

My advice - if they don’t want to retrieve it out the hold for you, persevere and insist, even if you have to wait.

Have a great holiday!!

Sunbeams101, thanks for your reply. This is what I suspected but never hung around at the bottom of the steps long enough before! My father has already been told to collect his mobility scooter in the same way.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk