camp carnival ????????

ameliaw

ITS FREEEEEEEEE. No you drop them off at there little area and they have activities for them to do all day. Sometimes, they will do little activities where they make something and parade through the lido deck so you could be sitting there and see them throughout the day even if you werent expecting it. Then, you pick them up whenever

thanks for the reply! i wondered how that worked. also how late can they stay, and are there certain hours and then you pick up and return them later or what. i saw alot of kids on the destiny in dec. and they seemed to be having a great time. thanks again , amelia

Camp Carnival is free until 10pm after that there is a charge for group babysitting. The charge is $6.00 for the first child and $4.00 for the second. With your grandaughter being 4 you will also recieve a pager...that way if there are any problems they will page you. The pager only works on the ship. There is no charge for it. The person that signs them in will also have to sign them out. Make sure you go to the Camp Carnival open house on the first night you board. You get to meet the counselers and other kids that will be in the room with her. I hope this information helps. I had 2 kids in Camp on our last cruise and they had a blast. You will also recieve a paper in your stateroom letting you know what activities will be taking place that day.

Just came off Miracle, Our 7&10 yr olds loved it, cried when time to leave. On sea days they did close for a 2 hour lunch, asked you to pick up, and on port days they would keep all day i.e. we went Cave Tubing and 7 yr old stayed on ship and still did not want to come home. They gave us a cell phone and called when the littlest one 2 1/2 cried, which was when ever fun ship Freddy came in room. You can also use it or house phones to check on them. activities galore..They would not let his sister cross room line and comfort?

Just came off Miracle' date=' Our 7&10 yr olds loved it, cried when time to leave. On sea days they did close for a 2 hour lunch, asked you to pick up, and on port days they would keep all day i.e. we went Cave Tubing and 7 yr old stayed on ship and still did not want to come home. They gave us a cell phone and called when the littlest one 2 1/2 cried, which was when ever fun ship Freddy came in room. You can also use it or house phones to check on them. activities galore..They would not let his sister cross room line and comfort?[/quote']

Hey Dad,

So did you mean you left your 7 year old on the ship while you went on a tour??

We are considering doing that (6 year old son) at some point to do some Carlos and Charlies time (if its even open by March) and wasnt sure if its okay to leave for a couple hours and have your child stay with Camp Carnival....

I posted this on another thread and got mixed reviews...some said NO NO NO dont leave your child in camp and go off the ship...but I figured surely SOMEONE has done it and was okay...

What was your experience???

Thanks

Hey Dad,

...but I figured surely SOMEONE has done it and was okay...

We were on Liberty in Europe and our 5 year old grandaughter and 3 year old grandson stayed on the ship the evening we were in Venice to give the four adults some 'off time' and a nice, lovely adult dining experience at the Hotel Cipriani across the lagoon from St. Marks.....kids loved it and we were not worried about them. Son and DIL often pay the babysitting fee after 10 but usually we grandparents are ready to sleep by 11 or so and pick them up. We almost always have adjoining rooms and this works well as kids can be put to bed......when you ask the kids their fav thing about cruising - they scream "CAMP CARNIVAL" - newer ships have nicer facilities but all are well managed and most all kids love it. We have never worried about them. Enjoy.

Happy Sails to you.

Hey Dad,

We are considering doing that (6 year old son) at some point to do some Carlos and Charlies time (if its even open by March) and wasnt sure if its okay to leave for a couple hours and have your child stay with Camp Carnival....

I posted this on another thread and got mixed reviews...some said NO NO NO dont leave your child in camp and go off the ship...but I figured surely SOMEONE has done it and was okay...

Thanks

Yes we did, I have seen negatives and don't wish views , but some don't agree with it , but we actually left 7 and 2.5 yr old together in camp, and took 10 yr old cave tubing. We had contacted the guide (cave-tubing.com)and explained and he said that even if bus trouble etc, he would see to it that we would not miss ship. We were back with in 1 hr and that included lunch which we could have missed if needed time. If you were just going ashore close by , like we did in Costa maya, 7 yr would not leave , loved camp to much? :D it would be no problem at all IMHO. We did let them know we were going off, dropped them off 1/2 hr prior to doing so and called in just prior to leaving to check up. Worked for us. Enjoy your cruise, C YA:)

Yes we did' date=' I have seen negatives and don't wish views , but some don't agree with it , but we actually left 7 and 2.5 yr old together in camp, and took 10 yr old cave tubing. We had contacted the guide (cave-tubing.com)and explained and he said that even if bus trouble etc, he would see to it that we would not miss ship. We were back with in 1 hr and that included lunch which we could have missed if needed time. If you were just going ashore close by , like we did in Costa maya, 7 yr would not leave , loved camp to much? :D it would be no problem at all IMHO. We did let them know we were going off, dropped them off 1/2 hr prior to doing so and called in just prior to leaving to check up. Worked for us. Enjoy your cruise, C YA:)[/quote']

Thanks....

I was also told by another cruiser that you can tell CC where you are going just incase they need to call you in port..

I assume CNC has phones ;) .........

Thanks for the input by all!!!!

We were on the Glory last month. We left our 7 yr. old at Camp Carnival all afternoon while we were in Cozumel. There were about 20 others in camp too. He had a great time and they were in the playroom the whole time except for lunch. Our only concern was they only let him have 1 piece of pizza and water for lunch. Guess they didn't want the kids wandering around (makes sense) so they just had pizza and water brought to them. When we picked him up there were plenty of eateries open to go fill him up!!

Anyhow it was a wonderful day for us in Cozumel and a great day for him too!! Cari

I don't have any little ones anymore so can't be specific...but did notice that of all the many cruises we've been on..the kids we did see, seemed happier than on any other line we've ever cruised. This was our first with Carnival and we NEVER saw any 'bored' kids roaming the halls..no one playing in the elevators or on the stairs. This tells me that the Camp Carnival people must keep these kids happy, occupied and willing to come back day after day!

Kudos to Carnival!

I don't have any little ones anymore so can't be specific...but did notice that of all the many cruises we've been on..the kids we did see, seemed happier than on any other line we've ever cruised. This was our first with Carnival and we NEVER saw any 'bored' kids roaming the halls..no one playing in the elevators or on the stairs. This tells me that the Camp Carnival people must keep these kids happy, occupied and willing to come back day after day!

Kudos to Carnival!

What great info I am getting....Seeing that this is my sons first "real" vacation and his first cruise ever (which he keeps asking me if the "boat" is bigger than a regular size boat or my car ;) ) it is very comforting to know that CC does such a great job with the little ones!!!!

Im sure he will have a blast but just hearing your experiences is SO helpful!!!

Thanks!!! :)

Hi,

My wife and I were on the 12/4/05 Miracle Cruise with Colton's dad. We have both a 7 and a 10 year old. The 10 year old really liked staying on the ship with Camp Carnival. We used Motorola 5 mile radios to stay in communication with the her. These radios are the same kind that hikers and skiers use. The battery charge on them will usually get you through most of a day. Obviously if your shore excursion is further than 5 miles out, you'll have a hard time contacting the ship. We left instructions with our daughter and the Camp Carnival counselor to contact us at a pre determined time when we knew we would be back in radio range. It worked out great. I would highly encourage the use of the radios for 9 - 11 and older as they can check themselves in and out of Camp Carnival. The radio is a great way to check up quickly and if she didn't answer up, we would have either made her stay with us, or not be allowed sign out priveleges.

Try to get a room close to Camp, in the middle or on the end that it is. We often had to go to the room to change the kids (out of swimsuits, etc) and it would have been a lot of walking had we not been fairly close. JMHO

We were Panorama aft on the Miracle 12/11/5 and did a LOT of walking the entire length of the ship. Maybe that's why I didn't gain any weight on the ship.:)

We also left our 6 yo on the ship while we got off the ship in Grand Cayman. We went shopping, then to Seven Mile Beach. We just made sure to leave Seven Mile Beach with PLENTY of time to get back. She absolutely LOVED Camp Carnival and did not want to leave.

We did drag her ashore with us in Cozumel and took her to Paradise Beach, which she said was the best day of her life.

Hi,

My wife and I were on the 12/4/05 Miracle Cruise with Colton's dad. We have both a 7 and a 10 year old. The 10 year old really liked staying on the ship with Camp Carnival. We used Motorola 5 mile radios to stay in communication with the her. These radios are the same kind that hikers and skiers use. The battery charge on them will usually get you through most of a day. Obviously if your shore excursion is further than 5 miles out, you'll have a hard time contacting the ship. We left instructions with our daughter and the Camp Carnival counselor to contact us at a pre determined time when we knew we would be back in radio range. It worked out great. I would highly encourage the use of the radios for 9 - 11 and older as they can check themselves in and out of Camp Carnival. The radio is a great way to check up quickly and if she didn't answer up, we would have either made her stay with us, or not be allowed sign out priveleges.

Where did you get them?????

Where did you get them?????

I know you are asking Snow bunnies but ours were Motorola, got them at an electonics store here in Canada,$60 worked great, had to switch channels one or two times at Busch gardens, but not on ship. Handy when walking the deck etc and other party wakes etc wanting to meet up.

Archived