camp carnival ????????

ameliaw

Since we are talking about cruising with children, I just had to share this...

We took our children, age 4 & 7, on their first cruise in October 2004. Last night at dinner my husband said "Wouldn't it be great to have a time machine that could take you back in time and you could back to say Pearl Harbor, or the signing of the Declaration of Independence." I agreed saying that I would much prefer to go back to when my parents and grandparents were children.

My now 8 year old daughter got in the conversation and said "I'd go back to our Cruise on the Carnival Glory!"

My husband and I agreed! :-)

Hi,

One last thought. We orginally had late seating figuring that it wouldn't matter much. It seems that on Miracle at least, Camp Carnival's scheduled is really geared to the early meal seating (our kids were 8 and 10). We switched after the first night aboard ship when we realized how Camp Carnival's break periods were scheduled.

Hi,

One last thought. We orginally had late seating figuring that it wouldn't matter much. It seems that on Miracle at least, Camp Carnival's scheduled is really geared to the early meal seating (our kids were 8 and 10). We switched after the first night aboard ship when we realized how Camp Carnival's break periods were scheduled.

Thanks for the FYI~

We booked the 6:15 seating.....That should be inline with their activity schedule...

:)

We took our 4 year old last October and she LOVED IT!! We never had her there for more than a few hours at a time bec we were either eating as a family or spending time together. We even took her with us at the ports and found plenty of MORE FUN at each port to do as a family!

She did make lots of friends and sometimes we'd get in an elevator with other adults and they would say, "hi Jocelyn!" guess she made friends with some parents as well. Happens when the kids get dropped off and picked up at different times!

The counselors are AWESOME!! I'm sure each ship is different...but the Paradise going to Mexico counselors got high marks from me!!

The camp carnival staff are VERY highly screened as far as reference and background checks. Now I'm not sure I'd leave a baby that couldn't tattle...;) but we have had the hardest times prying the kids out of the camp to spend time with them and many dinners were left without dessert to not miss "anything" going on in camp. One of the main perks of the camp is being able to leave the ship and having adult excursions on port. Had I cruised whith my kids when they were younger, knowing what I do now, we would have left them on board in a heartbeat.... we did serial disney trips instead:D Now two of my three are cruise addicted, the other child must have been switched at birth:D You'll know by day two about leaving them.... they'll have already have left you! I swear by the camp.

Archived