Info On San Diego Days Inn Hotel Circle

kathlyn

It's right off a major freeway. About 10 minutes from the airport, the cruise terminal, Sea World and the Zoo.

You can see the airport from the cruise terminal, they are on the same street.

If you want to be closer there is a Holiday Inn right across the street from the cruise terminal. Also a Marriott and Hyatt right up the street but they are both pretty pricey.

The Best Wester Seven Seas on hotel circle is okay and is about 15 minutes from the airport and cruise port. There is a shuttle to drop you off and pick up as well. The pick up does take longer as you have to wait for them to work it into the drop offs. The room on two occasions were decent and access to freeway is good.

Just my 2 cents. :)

Ginnylou

The seven seas is my favorite of all the hotels on hotel circle ( I have also stayed at Town and Xountry and Red Lion). I have stayed at the others during business trips, but I liked the Seven Seas so much that I spent a few days there with my kids on a mini vacation.Unlike other hotels in the other (like Town and Country), they do offer a pretty good free shuttle . My rooms have always been clean and the staff is great.For example, I asked what time the pool closes and was told ""10:00, but if you are quiet and well behaved, we won't kick you out!". Also, of all the hotels on Hotel Circle, it is the closest to the mall and some good restraunts. Give'em a call and see if they'll give you a free ride to the port- I bet they will.

we stayed at the Marriott on Coronado Island and I don't think I would stay IN San Diego itself! San Diego is lovely, but it was sooo nice being on Coronado. It's a lovely, quiet area and there are several options for getting to San Diego from there. We took the Marriott shuttle boat every day (from Marriott Coronado to Marriott by the conv. centre), and then walked or cabbed wherever we needed to go. On cruise departure day, it really couldn't have been any more conveniant. We took the Coronado Ferry (runs every 1/2 hour, 3 bucks each, I think) and it docked...literally, next to the Oosterdam. We walked maybe 1/2 a block to the cruise ship area. Considering that the roads furrounding the cruise terminal is a ZOO when the ships are in, this was definitely the way to go!

The Marriott in Coronado is great, but it's a completely different class of hotel than the Days Inn on Hotel Circle. I wouldn't be surprised if the price was 3 times as high, so if that's a consideration, the Days Inn is a good value in a good location.

We stayed at the Days Inn on Pacific Highway when we were in San Diego

in October. It's very close to the Cruise Terminal and they offer complimentary transportation to the ship. Just have them put your

name down the night before and the time you want to leave

Have Fun

Dave Hansen

Archived