Can't miss activities in Labadee?

BoaterBob

We booked Malfini beach just a few weeks ago, and at first I expected to be disapointed because Labidee was so nice, and it was a $60 excursion to just go to another beach.

If you're going for the beach, food, or shopping only then it's not for you.

The beaches at Labidee are just as good or better, and although you can buy drinks at Malfini theres nothing else there.

What it does have one or two hundred feet out is a great coral reef.

I couldn't find much live coral off Labadee so I appreciated floating over coral for a few hours at Malfini.

I used a underwater disposable camera, but RCCL lost my photo's so I can't show you what it was like.

I'm definately get a good digital camera bag for snorkling before my next trip. I'm not trusting RCCL with my photo's again.

• 2 weeks later...

If you have kids, they will love the Arawak Water Park and the water slide. I couldn't count how many times my boys (10 and 13) did the slide. Boy did the sleep well that night! And if your kids are younger, they will also enjoy Luc's Splash Bash. And be sure to take a walk to Dragon's Breath Point and hear the dragon breathe!

The sellers in the market are very pushy. The lunch buffet is good. The Coco Locos are phenomenal. Other than that, Labadee is for total relaxation. Find a hammock and enjoy yourself!

My 12 year old son also loved the water park. My husband and 15 year old daughter had a great time parasailing. We were warned that the water park may sell out, but I was able to get him in without reserving ahead.

The chairs are free to use, but be prepared for lots of people trying to drag a chair over for you, expecting a tip.

Archived