Shopping Question in Cozumel

arbelcher

I'm searching for the best place to purchase silver earings in Cozumel. Has anyone made any fantastic buys there? Was it at the port? Was your purchase made in town? Can you recommend a certain store?

I've never taken a taxi into town and I'm not sure this is the best thing to do.

There are tons of shops in the Port area selling jewelry. Best buy is to do some research on prices here so you will have a benchmark to use when you are given prices there. I did some comparison shopping at the Port area in Falmouth last month on diamond earrings and I could do better at Macy's here in the USA.

You can find some really nice Silver jewelry in Cozumel, but go to some of the smaller shops on the side streets downtown. Look for 925 stamped on the back of each item. And by all means haggle the price. I got some amazing turquoise silver earrings a few years ago for a steal as the shop owner was not having a lot of sales that day and willing to go lower on price. I got them for less than half the marked price.

I have also gotten some nice silver earrings at Los Cinco Soles downtown (not at the port store) which has a huge jewelry section...but they don't haggle there, price is the price.

I have also gotten nice bracelets and necklaces, silver with 925 stamped, at small shops just off the Square downtown.

Lots and lots of great jewelry stores and I have visited most of them as we go to Cozumel for a week land vacation every year for past 18 years. Its our home away from home.

robin