Getaway Western Caribbean 1/21/18-any “research”’requests?

mom23krzkidz

In Roatan: There were quite a few beach bars just out side the port area, but recommend watching your wallet...definitely catering to tourists but obviously still a third world location. Looked like quite a few decent bars (and a cigar a shop) we passed, a bojangles too[emoji23] if you are inclined.

I will try to report on Cozumel, but we are doing a flight to Chichén Itzá, so not sure how much we will see this time and last time we went straight from the ship to a catamaran and back to the ship without even leaving the dock, so I have no info at this point.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Oh, do tell us how the Chichen Itza trip goes!!!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

At Harvest Caye, did you happen to see the small electric boats used for the excursion? I did find one YouTube video, but trying to get a feel for the speed and experience of those boats. Trying to figure out if it's worth the $49 for each boat for my family.

Hi -if you order room service in the haven (especially breakfast) do you pay for the food? I know there is a delivery fee. Does anyone have room service menus.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

No charge...ab73939ead856370128e360e5564f180.jpg I have the rest of the menus, just can’t get them to post...will do tomorrow at Maya Chan where we have real internet.

At Harvest Caye, did you happen to see the small electric boats used for the excursion? I did find one YouTube video, but trying to get a feel for the speed and experience of those boats. Trying to figure out if it's worth the $49 for each boat for my family.

Dougout has a video of he and Sue doing that activity on their escape cruise if memory serves... they were small, we did see them on our walk, but did not ever see them in use. We walked the island for 10k steps before our morning spa appointment and didn’t even look after 2 when we finally made it back to hang at the beach for a few!

Will do! I was concerned about going through fly Cozumel rather than the cruise offered one, so we are doing the cruise line excursion just to make sure we make it back to the ship!

Will do! I was concerned about going through fly Cozumel rather than the cruise offered one, so we are doing the cruise line excursion just to make sure we make it back to the ship!

All I've heard about that excursion was a review where they left late and only had about an hour at the ruins, so I'd definitely do the NCL excursion. Enjoy!

We just got back to our room after a whirlwind flight/tour to Chichén Itzá...worth every single penny if you are into history/archaeology. We went through the ship excursion....

Met in the theater(even though docking) at 7:45am. There were only 9 of us on the tour. We were the first people off the ship, in a taxi by 8:00 on our way to the airport. At the airport we went through “screening”[emoji23] and boarded the little single prop plane with our guide and pilots...on our way to Chichén Itzá by 8:30am. One of the pilots was training the other, which was actually fascinating to watch. fcba0e0549a18033ace3df34de296998.jpg

We spent about 45 minutes flying, the pilots did a circle above the ship before heading to the mainland, which was cool. We landed at 9:15am and took a van to the site, about 10 minutes.

We got a private guided tour of the ruins well before the crowds arrived. Our tour guide was fantastic...funny and knowledgeable! We were there about 1.5 hours, and it was great. I would have liked about and hour or so

More, but by the time we were done the crowds were getting really thick and it was getting hot! At 11:40am we were back through “security” and on the plane, and back in Cozumel at 1230. Only issue we had is that they used a public shuttle service at the airport here in Cozumel to get us back to the port and we had to wait about 25 minutes for the shuttle to fill before the driver would leave.

All in all, I would totally recommend this! We got back, did some shopping and had lunch, the ship is still quiet and we still have a few hours before sail away!dd33874ba6bef3e26f103c5986a949cf.jpgad8cb2e9b666407dcb698d7b1467b1f0.jpg35550d318198dd4481f859d3123bce15.jpg