front of the boat room

dengirl69

I've stayed in porthole rooms at the front of the ship on my past 3 Carnival cruises, but the noise wasn't worth the low-cost view. You get it from the booming bass in the showroom (I heard it even 3 floors down), you hear the anchor being lowered in port and other work at the front of the ship, and in any sort of rough sea you can also hear banging from waves hitting the prow of the ship.

On the plus side, since the ship narrows at the front, some of the rooms have more room than normal ones. The nook in a porthole was also big enough for my 6' niece to sleep in (3 kids in our group wanted to share a cabin, but the steward wouldn't bring a foldaway cot, so she just put blankets and curled up by the porthole). On the ships I've been on, the guest laundry is also there, as is the usual ship exit point for port debarkations, so it can be handy that way. Much less foot traffic and people wandering the halls (late-night drunks and running kids).

I've stayed in porthole rooms at the front of the ship on my past 3 Carnival cruises, but the noise wasn't worth the low-cost view. You get it from the booming bass in the showroom (I heard it even 3 floors down), you hear the anchor being lowered in port and other work at the front of the ship, and in any sort of rough sea you can also hear banging from waves hitting the prow of the ship.

On the plus side, since the ship narrows at the front, some of the rooms have more room than normal ones. The nook in a porthole was also big enough for my 6' niece to sleep in (3 kids in our group wanted to share a cabin, but the steward wouldn't bring a foldaway cot, so she just put blankets and curled up by the porthole). On the ships I've been on, the guest laundry is also there, as is the usual ship exit point for port debarkations, so it can be handy that way. Much less foot traffic and people wandering the halls (late-night drunks and running kids).

I feel torn lol

Sent from my iPhone using Forums