Ordering Off-Menu

First time sailing on RCCL this Sept on Harmony and have been reading up a lot and doing plenty of pre-planning. Of course, I'm mostly interested in the food offerings and choices, and it looks like Harmony has plenty to offer. I've also read of on many of your tips and tricks, such as customizing the MDR orders, such as ordering different sides with entrees or ordering multiples of entrees and apps.

My question is about ordering off menu items in the MDR. Is this allowed to an extent or frowned upon? Have some of you tried it? I saw a Philly cheese steak on the room service menu and wondered if I could order it off menu during lunch in the MDR. I was also wondering if I could order a burger during dinner while my fiancee orders her normal fare. Don't judge, I love my burgers!

All you can do is ask, they try to please. They don't list baked potato or steamed vegetables on the menu anymore, but they are available. Likewise there are usually a couple of Indian items available each evening.

Thanks Bob! Makes sense. And at the same time, I don't want to be a headache for the server, so if I do crave something off menu I want to make sure the ship offers it in some form at the time of ordering, such as the Philly cheese steak during lunch. My fiancee will probably ask about the Indian food options. And of course an extra tip would be in order for going above and beyond.