Oasis or Symphony?

Thinking of booking for next year sometime between late January and May for the Caribbean. I’m not very familiar with this class of ship, I know Symphony is new and I’ve heard good things about Oasis. Freedom class is our current favorite, but the itineraries are limited. Pros and cons of either Oasis or Symphony? Best itinerary of either? Best balcony cabin and why?

Thanks

Thinking of booking for next year sometime between late January and May for the Caribbean. I’m not very familiar with this class of ship, I know Symphony is new and I’ve heard good things about Oasis. Freedom class is our current favorite, but the itineraries are limited. Pros and cons of either Oasis or Symphony? Best itinerary of either? Best balcony cabin and why?

Thanks

The last Symphony cruise in April of next year has a really great roll call :) I've lost track of where Oasis will be at that time. I've done Oasis and Allure, I'd book any of these, plus Harmony and have a great time. Oasis has Cats as their broadway show and Symphony will have Oasis' old show Hairspray :confused: but at least I haven't seen that one. Freedom is my favorite class, but I loves these ships too and think you will also. Good luck.

Thanks

We have sailed the Freedom class and Oasis class several times (Oasis, Allure, Harmony, Freedom). The biggest difference is that you need reservations for shows on the Oasis class. This is not a problem per se, but can be a bit disconcerting when you have never had to do it. We love the Solarium on Oasis class ships... THE best hands down!

Be careful about balcony cabins however, as RCL considers an inside balcony overlooking the Boardwalk a balcony. So if you see a super good price on a balcony cabin check to make sure it is a “real” outside balcony as opposed to the Boardwalk balcony.

We like the “hump”cabins that are on the four bumps on the side of the ship. Hump cabins are a little more expensive but you get a larger balcony.

The itineraries are similar to the Freedom but some include San Juan which we really enjoyed.

Hope this helps!

Sent from my iPad using Forums