Celebration Review

Have just got back from 14 nights on the Celebration,our third time on this ship.Although the cruise on the whole was good,I want to focus on the things that i think have changed for the worse since our last time,. At the time I asked why it appeared that the lovely Phillipino/Indonesian staff were being reduced.I was almost accused of being racist at the time by somebody,when it was a simple observation. It appears that my fears have been proved correct.There is a definite lack of interaction between staff and passengers.The new additions do not have the same attitude to service that the originals had.Yes they will serve you your drink but that is it,no chatter or even a smile most of the time.

Service in the Meridian was appalling at times and getting a drink in Broadway Lounge was very hit and miss. We liked to dine about 7.00pm and then watch the 8.30 show but this proved impossible as service was so slow. One night we arrived at 7.10 and didnt get out until nearly 10pm.If we had stayed for coffee we would have missed the 10.15 show.This was the night when the ACD brings out the chefs,waiting staff etc to thank.The service was so slow we actually sat through 2 of these presentations! One with our starters and again before the end of the mains.And if you want to dine as a couple,forget it! You are made to wait outside like naughty children and wait until you are called.

My next gripe is the cost cutting and upselling going on now.As soon as you board you are approached by waiters to buy the wine package (which we wanted anyway) and then at the end of your first week you are approached again.Items which used to be standard on the Meridian menu are now "extras" The AI package has so many exceptions that you are now asked to pay another £100 a week for proper AI.And when did children have to purchase the AI? Im sure they never used to.What with being sat apart from your OH if you do not pre book your aircraft seats and everything else the costs soon add up.

The shows were the usual mix and generally pretty good but we felt that a couple of .the male singers were not up to the usual standard.

The ship is looking pretty good and a lot fresher after the last refit.The coffee port is an excellent addition with very reasonably priced coffee etc.Also the Sun Lounge makes much more sense than the unused sports deck.Our cabin was clean and tidy with a particular improvement in the bathroom with grouting,sealing etc.

We did have an issue with bedbugs which was swiftly dealt with(not that they would actually admit that we had them.Too frightened of a compo claim,i suppose)

The quality of the food overall was good and the Lido is improved with the addition of the panini station and noodle/pasta station.

I hope this doesnt come across as too negative because we had a good time,as i said it is just our observations and it certainly wouldnt stop us booking again.