disney gift cards - castaway cay use

iruserwin

hi folks

I have some disney gift cards that on the back of the card say they can be used at disney cruise line. Hi from Canada, so these cards are in CAD dollars. I have ready where you can use the CAD dollar cards without issue at the parks or to pay for the cruise. Is Castaway Cay essentially the cruise line and i can use the cards at the gift store on the island?

thanks in advance!

hi folks

I have some disney gift cards that on the back of the card say they can be used at disney cruise line. Hi from Canada, so these cards are in CAD dollars. I have ready where you can use the CAD dollar cards without issue at the parks or to pay for the cruise. Is Castaway Cay essentially the cruise line and i can use the cards at the gift store on the island?

thanks in advance!

I know you can use Disney gift cards directly in the gift shops onboard the ship. I would think that you could also use them in the Disney shops on the island. I believe there may be shops that are actually local shops (and not "part of the ship" that they couldn't be used in.

The easiest way, I think, would be to apply your gift cards to your onboard account, and then just use your KTTW card in those shops that are part of DCL. Any unused funds from the gift cards would be credited back to the gift card at the end of the cruise.

Exactly--it will be far easier to apply the gift cards to your onboard account and just use your KTTW card on Castaway Cay. On the ship, there are a couple of locations that are set up to take them, but most are not. If I were guessing, I'd guess that those on the island fall into the "not" category. But everyplace takes the KTTW card except the post office on Castaway Cay. If you just apply the gift cards toward the onboard account, you can spend the money anywhere.