Help Please anyone Sailed Norwegian Star Seattle to Alaska

marcyjane

Hope someone that has sail the Star or for that matter any other cruise line coming back from Alaska.

My question is will a 12:30 return flight be to early for us to make it off the ship and to Sea/Tac airport for return flight?

We are trying to get our air flights booked tonight or early in the morning.

Thanks,

Marcy:)

Last year we were on the Star to Alaska. If I remember correctly we had a 1:30 flight.

We were off the ship in plenty of time with about a 20 min. ride to the airport . What I wasn't expecting was the extremely long lines for security.

Everyone flying out on the same day made for long wait times. You could probably make the earlier time but it might be pushing it.

Thanks,

Reason we picked this return flight was because it is a non stop flight. If by chance we miss the 12:30 flight, the airlines has another 1:00 flight leaving Seattle which has two stop and would put us home at midnight, but if worst comes to worst we have a extra day (Monday) to play with so, either way we can get home with out stressing out, just more bucks for flight change which we know and will prepair for.

Thanks,

Marcy

We did it a couple of years ago - we were at the airport by 10:30. Our flight wasn't until 8 at night and we were hoping to get on an earlier flight. It didn't happen :( so we spent a lot of time waiting at the airport. Unless there are some unforeseen circumstances, you should be fine. Just make sure NCL knows your flight time so you can disembark quickly. If they do the "freestyle" disembarking where you can leave when you want as long as you take care of your own luggage, it shouldn't be a problem either.

We didn't have an early flight, but wanted to be able to check in as early as possible because we were flying Southwest and we wanted "A" boarding. We decided to do self-disembarkation. We were off the ship around 7:30am and at the airport no later than 8:15. The port is only about 20 min from the airport. Allow time for immigration at the port. Plenty of taxis lined up. If this is you first time to Alaska, you are really going to enjoy it!! I can't wait to do it again!!! Happy Cruising!!!

My mistake we did the NCL star to mexican riveria and sapphire princess to Alaska...all of these cruises are starting to run together....I think I'm addicted..sorry for the misinformation. Happy sailing!! Enjoy Alaska!!!

Thanks jud123, now if I can just get everything into one suit case and a carryone.

This cruise to me will be hard to pack not knowing what type of clothes to take, but I'll pack some fall/winter, as well as summer attire. This cruise with the freestyle dining that I've never done I might just leave the formal wear at home and that will really free up space in the luggage.

Marcy

Archived