Cabin D710 on the Coral Princess

FEDJAN

Has anyone been in this cabin? There seems to be a difference of opinion at the Princess 1-800 number as to whether the balcony is covered or not. My two questions are: Is the balcony covered? and If you look over the balcony, do you see the balcony below or can you see right down the side of the ship to the water? It would be nice to look down the side of the ship while going through the Panama Canal. I saw a post that stated the balcony in D715 (which is on the other side of the ship) was covered. Just curious. Thanks for the help.

I've been in E710, a deck below, and the aft Dolphin balconies look directly down to the sea. The Emerald aft balconies are contained within the ship's structure (which is actually why I like these cabins!) and can't be seen from above. I can't recall if the Caribe verandas look down on the Dolphins; they may partially, but I don't think it's as much as in the middle of the ship. You should have a great view of the canal. Going thru the locks toward Gatun Lake, we were able to converse with the mule drivers from E710, so even a deck above, you should be 'up close and personal' with the canal!

Cheers,

Kirsten

I've been in E710, a deck below, and the aft Dolphin balconies look directly down to the sea. The Emerald aft balconies are contained within the ship's structure (which is actually why I like these cabins!) and can't be seen from above. I can't recall if the Caribe verandas look down on the Dolphins; they may partially, but I don't think it's as much as in the middle of the ship. You should have a great view of the canal. Going thru the locks toward Gatun Lake, we were able to converse with the mule drivers from E710, so even a deck above, you should be 'up close and personal' with the canal!

Cheers,

Kirsten

Hi Kirsten,

I noticed you were in E710. I will be in E706 on a cruise to Alaska this summer and was wondering if you were bothered by any noise from the Lounge below? Thanks.

sasha'smom

Hi - no, we hardly noticed there was a lounge there. I think your cabin is forward of the lounge's perimeter anyway, so you should be fine. On our Canal cruise in April that lounge was used more for daytime events like bingo, culinary demos and so on and a couple of pre or post-dinner production shows that ended early. There was only one late night party in 10 days - a 50s 'sock hop'. (Of course, 'late night' to us is after 11, so that's not saying much! ;>) There was a little low frequency rumble from the speakers but it wasn't bothersome, and the party ended at midnight. I had no reservations about booking the cabin again - I loved it! Bet you will, too.

Cheers,

Kirsten

Archived