Shanghai Disneyland

Tniel183

I am just loving this theread!

Due to such limited time, we have decided to visit DisneySea in Tokyo and stay at MiraCosta.

We will purchase a package since we can reserve 6 months in advance (rather than 5).

It is going to cost a small fortune, and we'll need to give up some of our Tokyo-area touring time. I inquired about changing our return flight ticket and the cost was high, so we counted that out as an option.

Someone asked me why I was wasting my time visiting Disney, when we have season passes at WDW, and there are so many other things to see/do.

Here's where I point them:

https://www.travelandleisure.com/slideshows/worlds-most-visited-tourist-attractions

In hindsight, I wish we had planned around Disney visits, but we'll have two days of magic to end our trip!

Oh that’s a really hard question. We loved all 3 Disneys for all different reasons.

I’m not sure where you are from but I think Tokyo was a little more English friendly. Seems like most people knew the basics but in China it was hard to find anyone that spoke a word of English.

Shanghai’s ride were way better of course because they are brand new.

We just loved Japan. It was so clean and the people were polite. We loved taking the JR into Tokyo. It was very easy to get to Tokyo station from Disney. There were so many things to do.

Now the lines at Tokyo Disney are super long so be mentally prepared for that. For course we went Easter week so maybe they were longer.

It was nice in Shanghai that we bought 8 extra fast passes. Worth every cent.

I would go back to Tokyo in a heartbeat.

We also went to Hong Kong Disney and fell in love with it. It was very small but it was so laid back and the lines were very short. We stayed at the Explorers Lodge and was it absolutely unbelievable. They nicest hotel ever.

Don’t hesitate to ask any questions. I’ll try to answer.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

HELP. LOL. I have lots of questions. Going March 2019 and need advice and tips. People say I’m nuts going all the way to Asia and seeing Disney. But after it’s done I can say I’ve been to every Disney Park in the world. (And seen the Great Wall).

Hong Kong Disneyland is situated in Lantau Island (near the Hong Kong International Airport). You can easily get to the park via metro/subway (which is called the MTR in Hong Kong). If you're also taking the hop-on/hop-off bus, (I believe it's the RED BUS) there will definitely be a stop nearby an MTR station. If you have a listing of your hop-on/hop-off bus, I can give you detailed instructions on how the stops / transfer between MTR lines and time needed so you can plan.

BTW, I live in Hong Kong in Lantau Island (Tung Chung to be specific) and will be glad to help.

Just let me know...

Enjoy your upcoming trip...

Wow! This is so helpful - I THOUGHT I'd replied to let you know I would get that info, but can't find that (if it's repeated somewhere, sorry). I have been scrambling with trying to get ready to go in just under 4 weeks! We booked very late - in June - it's crazy! And I work full-time, so getting THAT part of my life ready to be gone for 62 days is crazy. Anyway, your offer to help me find our way to Hong Kong Disneyland is a BIG blessing!

We were hoping to see a little it of Hong Kong , as well, and thought the HOHO would work for that as well as getting us off the ship faster (it's a Princess excursion, so they'll get us off "first" and the bus will come to the ship as well as their regular stops). We would REALLY like to do the Victoria Peak tram (which is included and our ticket gives us a bypass to waiting, I am told) and would be fun to take the quick rides on the Star Ferry and the Sanpan (also included in our HOHO ticket). I doubt we will be back to Hong Kong, so we'd like to see those "touristy" things - but HK Disneyland is the priority.

With regard to HKD - we don't plan to do a lot of rides - did that back in the day when kids were along. We are "seniors" and hubby and I both had back issues so we stick to things like Pirates of the Caribbean, Peter Pan, trains, etc. I can walk, slowly and the last couple of times at Disneyland in Anaheim, I used a scooter. This time, I HOPE to just walk, but am researching the availability of scooters. I understand HK Disneyland is a relatively small park, so that will help. We love watching people... and the shows are my very favorite! I tell you this so you'll know we are not worried about getting EVERYTHING in and being there the whole time. Our main purpose is to have been there! We are in a different "season of life" when it comes to visiting the Parks. We are optimistic that we can do that and see "enough" and still see a bit of Hong Kong. That said, YOU live there - what do you think? Is this realistic? Keep in mind... we are not the "typical" cruisers and are of modest means - this cruise is a REAL "splurge" for which we have been saving for years. We don't want to do taxis unless we absolutely have to, both for costs but also because have had some bad experiences when traveling international - even when carrying "translator" and having cards with destinations in local language. I add this to help you understand our situation as to why we don't hire a "private vehicle" or something like that.

The drop dead time to be back on board is 10 pm (we are on the Coral Princess). I need to figure out how to get back from HKD as the HOHO will end before we head back. I need to know the closest MTR to the cruise terminal... and then a taxi back from there? Or I THOUGHT I read there is a bus service provided by the terminal?

We usually find a HOHO in cities we visit and ride around without getting off to see the sights and then decide where to go back to visit more closely the ones we REALLY want to see. It's been a good way to get oriented and see things when you have limited time. Do you think there would be time to to do that - and do Victoria Peak tram (others, if possible) and THEN head to HKD? We are scheduled to leave on the HOHO at 8 am.

WHOA! Lots of questions and info.... I hope I haven't over-extended your invitation to help... Please know how grateful I am and what a relief to me to be able to have this help! And, I am fairly sure the information you post would be of value to LOTS of others - as noted before, when I asked the "cruise crowd" about getting the HKD, I received absolutely NO help....

SO - back to the "original" purpose - giving you the BigBus stops for all (3) routes - and I've listed the link to each of those route pages on the web, as well as the overall map for all (3) routes.

BigBus Hong Kong

https://d12dkjq56sjcos.cloudfront.net/pub/media/wysiwyg/bbtpdf/Hong_Kong_January_2017_Map_ENG_1.pdf

HongKong Island Tour (Red Route) – 9 stops

https://www.bigbustours.com/en/hong-kong/red-hong-kong-island-route/

1 = Central Star Ferry Pier 7@ Central Ferry Pier 7

2 = Hong Kong Convention & Exhibition Centre @ ExpoDrive East

3 = Causeway Bay – Sogo @ 505 Hennessy Road

4 = Park Lane Hotel @ 310 Gloucester Road

5 = Wan Chai Computer Centre @ 138 Hennessy Road

6 = Peak Tram Lower Terminus @ 33 Garden Road, Central

7 = Mid-Levels Escalator @ 138 Queen's Road

8 = Man Mo Temple @ 128 Hollywood Road

9 = Lan Kwai Fong & Soho @ 33 Wyndham Street

KowloonTour (Blue Route ​) - 7 stops

https://www.bigbustours.com/en/hong-kong/blue-kowloon-route-hong-kong/

10 = Tsim Sha Tsui Promenade @ Coach Bay on Salisbury Road

11 = The Peninsula @ 18 Middle Road, Tsim Sha Tsui

12 = Langham Place @ 555 Shanghai Street

13 = Temple Street @ Bus drop off area on Public Square

14 = Sky100 @ Ground floor of Sky100

15 = Hankow Road Hankow Road, Tsim Sha Tsui

16 = Mody Road = Next to the InterContinental Grand Stanford

Aberdeen& Stanley Tour (Green Route)

https://www.bigbustours.com/en/hong-kong/green-route-hong-kong/

17 = Central Star Ferry Pier 7 @ Central Ferry Pier 7

18 = Peak Tram @ 33 Garden Road, Central

19 = Ocean Park @ Wong Chuk Hang main entrance

20 = Repulse Bay @ Public Bus Stop for buses towards Central

21 = Stanley @Q 23 Carmel Road

22 = Aberdeen @ Pier of Kwun Hoi Path

HELP. LOL. I have lots of questions. Going March 2019 and need advice and tips. People say I’m nuts going all the way to Asia and seeing Disney. But after it’s done I can say I’ve been to every Disney Park in the world. (And seen the Great Wall).

It will be a trip of a lifetime! Ask us any questions and we will try to point you in the right direction

Sent from my iPhone using Forums