Airport Transportation in Auckland

yiddishkopf

I am posting this is several places to see if we can get information.

We arrive in Auckland, NZ on 1-18-06 for our cruise on the Statendam. We have 3 nights at the Langham (SP?) hotel in Auckland. Other than cabs, is there any other way to get from the airport into Auckland? Is there a van service that might be less expensive? Others who have been to Auckland tell us that the cab ride into Auckland is quite expensive.

Any suggestions or assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Happy Holidays to all -- may you enjoy good times with loving family and dear friends.

When we arrived in Auckland a couple of years ago we took a van shuttle service that was located outside of the baggage claim area. We had to wait a few minutes for the van driver to gather a reasonable load. My memory was that there were eight adults in the van. Since the the other six were going to the same hotel the trip was painless. Interestingly the van pulled a small trailer to handle all the luggage. Hope this helpful.

As it turns out, our informant about airport transportation in Auckland was misinformed. He had told us the airport was 75-100 miles from the city which is wrong and I've been in touch with limo services and the hotel and the transportation is quite reasonable.

In fact, it is probably less than a cab from my home in Skokie, IL to O'Hare!

I am continually astounded at how well informed our CC people are -- everyone has been very helpful for each part of the trip. Unfortunately, I didn't know about CC or other cruise message sites for our previous cruises.

This will be our 3rd HAL cruise.

Archived