New to Celebrity

lucky1ns

Hi! I am planning on taking my husband on a cruise for his birthday in May 2019. I have a lovely aft cabin reserved on NCL's breakaway but was looking for something maybe smaller and not such a super ship. The equinox has a Caribbean sailing around the same time and I am thinking of switching it out. Can anyone offer any advice about this line? It seems simpler and quieter and more understated which is what we are looking for. Much appreciation in advance.

Edited by lucky1ns
spelling error

Celebrity is indeed "simpler and quieter and more understated" -- big time -- compared to NCL. Don't worry about any threads complaining about Celebrity cutbacks because NCL has been matching them cut for cut. In fact, many of the changes on Celebrity will help reduce culture shock by making the cruise experience more lively than it used to be. Equinox is a stunning ship but with more class than Breakaway [based on actual experience on sistership Eclipse and pictures of the new NCL designs :eek:]. Even the noisier pool music on Celebrity is understated compared to the hairy-legs contests on NCL. And the food is so much better -- we felt that even the specialty restaurants on NCL don't equal the level of Celebrity main dining room food or service. The aft-facing cabins are SV verandas, C1 concierge [but the 'concierge' benefits aren't much IMHO] and S2 Sky Suites [which get you Luminae restaurant as your dining room -- better food than anything on NCL -- and Michael's Club for quiet drinks and snacks]. Even better would be the corner-aft S1 Sky Suites. I would avoid deck 12 [noise from Oceanview cafe and bar above], but some folks don't find that a problem.