Mini-suite or balcony

ciana

HI all! We're looking for opinions as to whether to book a mini-suite or a balcony cabin on a November sailing of the Tahitian Princess. The price difference is about $350pp. I think the $700 would pay for a lot of excursions and wine for dinner. My husband really liked the mini-suite on the Oosterdam that we just sailed and thinks he'd like another. Is there enough difference between the two cabins to warrant us paying the $700 more??

Thanks in advance for your help!

Ciana:)

there is quite a difference in the size of the room itself, and the mini has a bathtub. how much time do you spend in your room? we don't spend alot of time in our room, but do want a nice balcony, so we got an aft balcony, since the balcony itself is bigger. we have friends that spend more time in thier room and they love the mini, wouldn't go back to just a balcony.

HI all! We're looking for opinions as to whether to book a mini-suite or a balcony cabin on a November sailing of the Tahitian Princess. The price difference is about $350pp. I think the $700 would pay for a lot of excursions and wine for dinner. My husband really liked the mini-suite on the Oosterdam that we just sailed and thinks he'd like another. Is there enough difference between the two cabins to warrant us paying the $700 more??

Thanks in advance for your help!

The Tahitian Princess is an old Renaissance ship and the cabin layouts are different from the other Princess ships. Check the square footage from your previous mini, and the floor plan, and compare to the sf and floor plan for the TP balcony and mini and see what the differences are.

We have a balcony on the sister ship, Pacific Princess (for 21 days), and unlike the balcony cabins on the Sun and Grand class ships, it has a sitting area, which we like. The minis are great, especially the large bathroom and storage space, but on these former Renaissance ships, the balcony cabins are a pretty decent size. I debated going for the mini as well, but, as you say, that price difference pays for a lot of extras, and we decided the balcony was okay. We do spend a good bit of time in our cabin and on our balcony, too.

Ciana, we had a mini on our first cruise on the Tahitian Princess. It is a very nice room with lots of space. Our trip coming up in April, we decided on a balcony cabin. We just didn't spend that much time in the room. The two staterooms are very similar except the mini has more room to move around and a bigger balcony. What we saved on the room, will be spent on two days pre cruise in Moorea.

Mike

we went on the TP in September..ahhh...was soooo wonderful. We had a balcony cabin..7063..it was perfect midship and around the corner from the laundry room which was helpful. One side of our balcony was a wall..so we only had one neighbor partitioned from us.

This was our 1st ever cruise so I have no comparison..but we found it quite adequate for our needs. You will most likely spend alot of time outside of your cabin on excursions and activities on ship. The bathroom is small..no bathtub, but we really didn't need that..it worked fine. Most of the time we were in and out of swimsuits, shorts and pareos heading off to snorkeling, etc..we really didn't need much fancy prep area.

$700 could buy you a an excursion or two, some extra souvenirs, spa services, etc..that is alot of money for a little extra square footage you may not feel you need!

This is a fantastic cruise..I probably would have been happy to be placed in the brigg as my sleeping quarters just to be on the ship and visit the islands!!

Have fun!!

we had an inside cabin on trip#2. spacious room. we are back to a balcony for # 3 though. I could definitely do an inside cabin again, just not on this itinerary ( unless that was the only way I could afford it...). FP deserves at least a window, but sitting on our balcony drinking coffee as we pulled into Huahine was great!!

Thanks for all the help! We decided on a balcony cabin and have booked one starboard side about 9 cabins from the stern. The price difference was just too great.. and as many of you said that'll buy a lot of excursions and maybe some wine or souvenirs. We have sailed in a balcony on Enchantment of the Seas, Coral Princess and Sun Princess and quite enjoyed having coffee in the mornings and a glass of wine before dinner out there. We also both only take showers so no need of bathtub... it was just so nice having a mini-suite on the Oosterdam (price was fabulous so couldn't resist it!) I'm sure we'll love the Tahitian Princess... now only about 333 days to go!!!

PS. We once tried an inside cabin many moons ago and hated it with a passion! We couldn't stand not seeing daylight and enjoying scenery at any time. For those that don't mind one..I'm sure it's great to get the deals so that you can cruise more often! We decided that we both must be a bit claustraphobic as it really bothered us.

Thanks all.. Tahiti here we come!

Archived