Recent Cozumel Photos

dOES anyone have recent photos from Cozumel? I'm wondering how far along the rebuilding process has come since the storm? Also, has anyone been to Pancho's Backyard since? Is it still there?

Thanks!

Hi Cruisingurl,

I don't have any pictures, sorry (would like to see some, too as I'm going there this June). However, based on this post it looks like Pancho's Backyard is still there!

dOES anyone have recent photos from Cozumel? I'm wondering how far along the rebuilding process has come since the storm? Also, has anyone been to Pancho's Backyard since? Is it still there?

Thanks!

Have been told Pancho's is open.

Here is a link to some photo's a local took.

http://www.imagestation.com/album/pictures.html?id=2118380855&mode=guest

I was recently there on EOS December 18th and Cozumel is still in a great disarray. We went to Paradise Beach (5 of us) and it has been well renovated and is running smoothly. I would definately recommend going there. It was so sad to see the island in such disarray. Because there are only 3 ships that are allowed to tender there is a lot of competition for business. Our taxi driver that drove us to Paradise Beach asked us how long we would be staying. I said 3 hours. He waited for us for the whole time. You see picnic tables just surrounded by drivers hoping to get your business back to the tendering pier. I was so sad when a group of 4 twenty year olds skipped out on a $90.00 bill. I can't believe some people can be so cruel at a time like this.

We were in Cozumel a couple of weeks ago too. It really took a beating. I was almost in tears by the time that we got to shore. The trees are stripped. Huge holes in the buildings. Lots of buildings boarded up completely. Several of the stores had a musty water smell to them. This time next year, it will be better, but for now. It is really sad.

Carol

Archived