Does Gem ever dock earlier at Port Canaveral?

sullyd

If it’s a 7 day, they usually do 1 day down and two back. With only one sea day they can’t get that far any quicker. If they did two sea days down they’d arrive earlier. Totally agree it’s a nuisance. They may shave an hour or so but not usually much more. Makes it difficult to do Orlando excursions. Though we have done Disney a few times. You get back late evening and we typically miss dinner. We’ve done that itinerary a bunch. Love the Gem.

Mike

Bridgeport, WV

@spridlewv

I loved the trips actually. Its 50-60min and very comfortable. They drop you right there and pick you up at the same place. Those excursions are ridiculously expensive but I was willing to pay for the peace of mind that traffic or an accident weren't going to keep us from sleeping in our cabin that night. My son doesn't care much for the parks anymore so we just got a car and drove around the area last time. Hope you enjoy it. Let me know if you have questions on Gem or anything.

If it’s a 7 day, they usually do 1 day down and two back. With only one sea day they can’t get that far any quicker. If they did two sea days down they’d arrive earlier. Totally agree it’s a nuisance. They may shave an hour or so but not usually much more. Makes it difficult to do Orlando excursions. Though we have done Disney a few times. You get back late evening and we typically miss dinner. We’ve done that itinerary a bunch. Love the Gem.

Mike

Bridgeport, WV

@spridlewv

Yes they can, if they wanted. Ships used to do that route out of NYC years ago and got to PC at 8 a.m. Fleetwide changes made a few years back extended sailing times and later port arrivals/earlier departures. We even did that same route on Spirit as a 6 day trip getting into PC around 7 a.m.