Need Advice Dawn or Golden

spendalot

Both leave the same day, both go to Mexico almost same itenary. Prices very close. We need three cabins, 4 adults, and three teenagers. any suggestions?

What Mexico itenaries are you looking at ? Are you comparing an Dawn 06 SF RT with a Golden 07 SF RT ?

The web site has them both listed for 2007. We are already booked on the Dawn, but my niece (21) really wants to go on a crusie so I thought it might be great to take my brothers whole family. I like the ports fr Dawn slightly better, Dawn has 3 sea days at the beginning and I was feeling this mght drive the kids nuts, you know so much excitement to get off and explore. Me I would like the three sea days to gear up for four ports in a row.

The web site has them both listed for 2007. We are already booked on the Dawn, but my niece (21) really wants to go on a crusie so I thought it might be great to take my brothers whole family. I like the ports fr Dawn slightly better, Dawn has 3 sea days at the beginning and I was feeling this mght drive the kids nuts, you know so much excitement to get off and explore. Me I would like the three sea days to gear up for four ports in a row.

Guess the Dawn will not be in San Juan after all... heard that was possible. Guess it will just be the Crown

If price is an issue, I would expect to see drops or discounts on the Dawn. Looking at this year's prices verses what their web site has for 2007 it looks more possible compared with the Golden's limited cruises.

Otherwise it is a Sun vs Grand class question. Another thing to look at is tendering. Do not know if the Golden can get into PV, especially with other ships in. If not they would have to tender. Cabo is a tender port for both...but our experiences have been Princess does a good job getting folks on and off both classes.

Archived