On Board Booking for cruise already booked

magnumcoog

When the 2007 Caribbean cruses came out this past May or so, I booked a 2007 cruise on Princess for March 2007. I had an on board booking but used it for my 2006 cruise. Before I booked the 2007 cruise I called Princess and ask if I made an onboard booking on my 2006 cruise would I be able to transfer the on board room credit to the 2007 cruise I had already booked and I was told that I could do that. Was I told correctly? I have not seen anyone post on here that you could do that.

Thanks

We took advantage of a $100 deposit that the TA had going and booked our 2007 cruise. We will buy a future cruise credit on our 2006 cruise (1/28/06) and apply it to 2007 for the extra onboard credit. Actually, we will buy 2 future cruise credits and apply one to each of our B2B 2007 cruises.

We did this same thing on our 2005 cruise for 2006.

When we talked with the onboard cruise consultant on our 2005 cruise, we were told a variety of stories. We had three other couples all trying to do the same thing for our 2006 cruise and each of us got a different story from the same cruise consultant when we asked about doing this; yes/no/maybe.

In the end, we took our travel agent's advice and bought the future cruise credits anyway, even though the cruise was already booked. We gave the TA our future cruise credit numbers, and sure enough, they were applied to our 2006 cruise, including the onboard credit.

Our TA said some of the onboard cruise consultant's aren't very well trained and give information out that might not be totally correct, rather than have to research it and get back with you.

In the end, we're following her (TA's) advice again. She told us exactly what to do on our 2006 cruise to get the extra onboard credit for our 2007 back-to-back cruises.

We booked a cruise using FCC and then booked 2 more before we got back on board to buy more. On board, we bought 3. We immediately had our TA apply 2 of them to our existing bookings. No problem for her. Did it before final payment, so our balance was reduced by the $100 and we got OBC for each. Now we need to decide when to use our remaining FCC ;-)

Archived